The Extensibility team at CircleCI focuses on providing extension points that encourage and streamline integration between CircleCI and our customers' development and delivery practices. We build and own features like Orbs, the CLI, Webhooks, and parts of our public API.
We're looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to help lead our team and define the future of our platform. This is a full-time remote role as a Senior Software Engineer (Level E3 in our engineering career ladder.) Read our blog post if you'd like to learn more about our internal career growth system.
Candidates in Eastern Canada are eligible for this position.
What you’ll do:
- Help refine the practices that make our team effective.
- Mentor, sponsor, and empower your fellow engineers.
- Collaboratively craft technical systems to support our product and business goals. Maintain and adapt a distributed system with an event-based, micro-services architecture.
- Write code that’s easily readable, testable, and maintainable, with an eye towards baking in observability from the beginning. Our tech stack includes Typescript/React, Go, and Clojure. You needn't be a specialist in everything; T-shaped folks interested in learning are ideal.
- Participate in our on-call rotation to help our customers when they need it most.
What we're looking for:
- Years of professional experience with building and crafting systems in Go, as well as caring for and maintaining distributed systems in production environments at scale.
- Experience contributing to a team as a collaborative technical partner.
- You’re comfortable navigating ambiguity and investigating problems in production systems.
- You know how to work transparently and collaboratively within a fully distributed organization.
We’re particularly interested in people who:
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for themselves and their teams.
- Is data-driven in their approach to prioritizing and crafting new software and features.
- Want to ensure that all of our systems - software and human - scale efficiently.
- Model good work/life balance for their colleagues.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $123,500-$145,000/year
This role will report to Engineering Manager, Joshua Tomlin-Casera.