CircleCI is seeking a Software Engineer to join its API Infrastructure team and work on the infrastructure that enables our product delivery teams to confidently create, ship, and consume APIs.
You'll join a distributed team implementing API Gateway features, building services and tooling, and ensuring observability for our API Infrastructure. You'll write sustainable, resilient code as part of an engineering organization that values collaboration, trust, and learning. You’ll be part of a team at the heart of CircleCI’s business, responsible for supporting infrastructure for our internal teams to quickly deliver to our customers.
About this role:
- Design and deliver solutions to improve the availability, scalability, observability, and efficiency of CircleCI’s API infrastructure
- Implement shared API infrastructure used by all services and teams within CircleCI
- Build, maintain, and support adoption of API tooling and libraries
- Participate in rotating on-call duties to support the API Gateway and tooling
This role reports to our Engineering Manager for API infrastructure, Sara Read.
- You are interested in learning new languages and technologies. Our team uses Clojure and Go, Kubernetes/Helm, and Kong, but it’s okay if you haven’t yet! More details on CircleCI's full tech stack can be found here.
- An interest in building scalable tooling that enables teams to deliver APIs faster.
- Work transparently and collaboratively within a remote and globally distributed team that values over communication
- A desire to learn!
CircleCI Engineering Competency Matrix:
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $106,500 - $125,000/year
Level: Mid-Early Level