The Sales Manager will drive the success of a varied Account Executive team across EMEA, leading both New Business AEs and Growth AEs / Account Managers. As well as guiding EMEA's largest and most exciting new business opportunities, they'll partner closely with the region's largest existing CircleCI accounts.
This leader will be passionate about managing a world-class sales mentality; developing hard-working AEs into consistently successful salespeople making meaningful contributions to the global growth of CircleCI. They'll believe strongly in inclusivity, accountability and constant feedback. They'll collaborate with internal partners to improve sales strategy, pipeline generation, contract process and other key elements of our machine.
What you'll do:
- Guide the team in selecting the best target accounts. A New Business AE has an almost unlimited addressable market - this leader needs to help their AEs choose the best targets, both in our self-serve customer base and the wider universe of net-new logos.
- Guide the Growth team in developing detailed expansion strategies for all key accounts. This leader should be able to help AEs map accounts and build relationships with key partners to introduce CircleCI to new areas of the business.
- Build and maintain a proactive sales process, utilising the Challenger sales methodology, taking control of customer interactions to ensure the best outcomes.
- Be a champion for pipeline generation, ensuring AEs understand how to find their own opportunities, as well as those from the normal marketing and SDR channels.
- Initiate deliberate and detailed training programs to mentor and coach the team, growing their capabilities over time.
- Prioritise a sense of belonging; develop an inclusive, trusting team of collaborative individuals.
- Build and implement improvements in the sales process by understanding and representing the sales team’s issues and ideas to leadership and other partners.
- Work closely with CircleCI's outstanding sales leadership team to support AEs, forecast pipeline and revenue, and champion progress.
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of technology sales experience, including 2+ years running complex deal cycles ($100,000+ contracts), and 1+ years leading a team.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize time optimally
- Native Curiosity and Passion for sales and technology
- Extensive experience using Salesforce as a manager
- Experience closing net new deals and assisting in upsell/expansion opportunities
- Excellent leadership skills and high emotional intelligence
- Skilled negotiator with a high close rate
- Preference for candidates who have experience selling technology to technologists (Dev Teams, CTOs, EAs, etc.)
We’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI encourages those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.