CircleCI is looking for a Commercial Trainer to support end-to-end training and one-on-one coaching in support of our growing team of New Business Account Executives. In this role, you will expand the development and implementation of commercial training programs for these groups across North America, EMEA, and APAC. You will help develop industry-leading Account Executives through your drive, customer-facing experience, and deep understanding of training sales professionals. You will play a key role in accelerating ramp and production of our New Business organization as we expand the commercial training program at CircleCI.
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of strong sales and training skills, with a clear understanding of how to challenge the status quo. You are driven by increasing efficiency across the team and are a master at building predictability in seller performance. You have a desire to be a hands-on coach, but have an interest in data-driven program design. You have experience selling and training in a SaaS/B2B environment, and are comfortable facilitating in both in-person and virtual environments. You are motivated by the challenge of training a rapidly growing team, with both tenured sellers and recent graduates.
This role reports to the Senior Manager, Enablement and will work closely with our other Commercial Trainers, Onboarding Program Manager, and New Business Leadership. This role is vital to CircleCI’s significant growth plans in 2021, and we are looking for someone who is excited to be part of a growing organization, and loves technology and teaching.
About Sales Enablement at CircleCI
Enablement supports the day-to-day workflows of our Sales Development, Account Executive, and Customer Success teams across the world. Through commercial and technical training, content development, and operational improvement, we ensure that our teams have the tools and information necessary to be a best-in-class commercial organization. Enablement sits within the Revenue department and regularly partners cross-functionally with Marketing, Product, and Customer Engineering.
What you'll do:
- Co-lead commercial onboarding for all Revenue new hires
- Approach all of your coaching and programs with a data-driven goal in mind (ex. Reducing ramptime, growing average deal size, reducing time-to-close)
- Scale the existing 30/60/90 landmarks as part of onboarding to decrease ramp time and increase efficiency and performance across teams (ex. pitch certifications)
- Ensure delivery and adoption of the company’s qualification framework (MEDDPICC) and commercial methodology (Challenger Sale)
- Expand our coaching framework and relevant materials for managers to support deal review and performance evaluations; compliment front-line managers by providing additional one-on-one coaching to individual team members
- Conduct needs analysis to identify sales training/collateral opportunities for ongoing employee enablement
- Evaluate, measure, and analyze training effectiveness and performance metrics for purposes of continuous improvement to curriculum; produce executive-level reports in order to accelerate the success of the revenue organization
- Stay connected with up-to-date training methodologies to ensure CircleCI is an authority in its field for internal training
Who you are:
- Relatable, low ego, and open to rapid iteration
- Organized, highly communicative, and committed to building scalable, repeatable process
- Proven ability to get results among low-mid performing groups
- Excel in both small- and large-group training environments (groups of 5-50+)
- Can work autonomously and collaboratively within a distributed team
- Know how to capture lightbulb moments
- Passionate about coaching, but also love to learn
- Creative and motivated by impact-driven storytelling
- Strong educational instincts and ability to adapt to different types of personalities
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years in a customer-facing, quota carrying role
- 2+ years experience in training Sales teams, especially those focused on net-new business
- Tried experience over-achieving targets and improving performance
- Validated experience with improving operational effectiveness in a sales environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in one-on-one and group settings
- Experience selling SaaS in SMB and Enterprise markets
- (Nice to have) Familiarity with Challenger Sales Methodology, either as a seller or trainer
- (Nice to have) Experience selling to Developers/Engineering profiles
- (Nice to have) Knowledge of AWS, GitHub, Docker, Jenkins CI/CD, and the DevOps toolchain
- Comfortable with approximately 20-40% domestic and international travel annually in a post-COVID world
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $92,000-$108,000/yr, plus applicable bonuses
Level: Mid-Senior Level