As the Director of Sales Development at CircleCI, you will be responsible for increasing the current efforts of your team to optimize our lead to sales flow, qualify leads, prospect into new business, and generate a highly valuable pipeline for the sales organization. You will need to efficiently grow headcount and individual productivity, and collaborate with the VP of Sales, VP of Demand Generation, and other partners to improve both our inbound lead flow and outbound sales approach and method. The Sales Development team is based in Denver but has team members across London and Japan, and this individual would need to be able successfully adapt approaches for each market.
What you’ll do:
- Build a vision and strategy to consistently generate pipeline together with Sales and Marketing from an inbound and outbound standpoint
- Lead and assist Inbound Sales Development team to improve engagement and conversion of inbound lead flow to meetings and opportunities for the sales team.
- Lead and assist Outbound Sales Development team in identifying prospective accounts, establishing consistent sales metrics and practices, optimizing outbound approach, and ultimately generating meetings and opportunities for the sales team.
- Collaborate heavily with marketing to optimize our lead generation funnel, ensure the customer journey is positive, and relay feedback from the market to improve sales materials, messaging, etc
- Primary partner in CircleCI sales systems and our usage of them, including Salesforce, Outreach.io, LeanData, Looker, and our general data pipeline. Work effectively with Sales Operations team.
- Work directly with the VP of Sales to establish goals, hire and nurture leadership and individual leaders, and forecast requirements for the sales business
- Responsible for monitoring, forecasting, and achieving meeting and pipeline targets for global sales development team
- Work with regional account executive directors and managers to optimize territory assignment and enhance the impact of Account Executive and Sales Development collaboration.
- Collaborate effectively with internal partners including sales engineers and support engineers, customer success, and product managers
- Accurately track and report on sales metrics
- Suggest and implement improvements in the sales administration process
- Use customer feedback to generate ideas about new features or products
- Ensure sales, finance, and legal policies and procedures are met
- Build a trusting, open-communication environment for your team
- Analyze regional market trends and discover new opportunities for growth
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of technology sales experience, including 2+ years managing multiple teams
- Proven experience and strategies to generate sales meetings and opportunities with a technical audience (engineering leaders and organizations, CTOs, VPs of Eng, DevOps leaders, etc)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Passion for sales and technology
- Extensive experience using Salesforce as a manager
- Experience with Sales Engagement platforms (Outreach, etc)
- Experience generating and closing net new deals and assisting in upsell/expansion opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Skilled negotiator with a high close rate
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Entrepreneurship, Sales/Marketing, or Computer Science preferred
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $153,000 - $180,000/yr, plus applicable bonuses