CircleCI is looking for a Business Insights Analyst to create evidence-based strategies that improve our company's processes and increase our market share. You will be working with a team to mine data, develop analytics tools, and report back on your findings and solutions. You should have a passion for data and a highly analytical mind. We need a self-starter who thrives in the face of an ever-changing startup environment. We are looking for someone with great work ethic and who is resourceful and creative in their approach to problem-solving. Our clients include many of the most well-known and fastest growing brands in the world, and they expect the highest level of service, value and expertise from our team members!
A great fit for this role will bring a combination of strong analytical and operational skills, understands B2B and SaaS business models, is technically savvy and comfortable using many different systems. You should feel excited and passionate about representing the needs of the partnerships and alliances business while working across various other departments (Sales, Customer Success, Finance, Data, Marketing, Product).
This role reports into the Director of Business Insights and will work closely with analysts and business leaders across the company. You will have an immediate impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of the partner-facing business. This role is vital to CircleCI’s significant growth plans, and we need someone who is excited to be part of a growing organization, loves technology, and is willing to help CircleCI create a culture of intelligence. We want to work smarter, not harder!
What you'll do:
- Partner with the VP of Business Development to refine the key performance indicators used to measure and analyze the success of our partnerships
- Support a regular weekly, monthly and quarterly cadence around partner channels planning, forecasting, opportunity progression, pipeline management and leadership business reviews
- Ad hoc strategy analysis - produce analysis and provide meaningful insights to optimize business development effectiveness
- Develop and maintain performance dashboards to ensure visibility and insights for partners and BD team members for activity, pipeline and performance against goals
- Deliver analysis and insight with action items for the Business Development, Revenue and Enablement teams in the core areas of sales ramp, productivity, and retention
- Customer cohort analysis, including NPS, spend, product usage, risk/health metrics
- Work with the data team to uncover deeper product insights about our customers to use in client engagements
- Align with (and learn from) cross-functional partners in Finance, Data Science, Sales Comp, CRM, and more
- Ensure accuracy of all relevant client and sales pipeline information in Salesforce
- Maintain processes focused on data integrity working in conjunction with the Salesforce technical team, Marketing Operations and the Data Engineering team
- Create Analytic tools/calculators for our client-facing teams to have the knowledge they need when they need it
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience in an analytics role in a fast-paced environment like tech, consulting, finance, strategy, etc.
- 2+ years experience with CRM systems.
- Strong in quantitative analysis, Excel/Google Sheets, and logical reasoning; experience dealing with complex data sets for analysis
- Experience with querying/reporting via SQL, Python and SOQL (Salesforce) and BI Tools (Looker)
- Understanding of SaaS sales processes and Salesforce data model
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with technical teams, executives, and sales management, across different channels
- You thrive in an agile work environment that requires flexibility and self-direction
- Time-management skills, attention to detail, and juggling priorities
- Willingness to take on big challenges and own the results from brainstorm to execution
- Experience presenting complex information in an understandable and compelling manner using a Business Intelligence tool like Looker
- Technical aptitude with strong logical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Level: Mid-Senior Level