CircleCI seeks a Senior Infrastructure Engineer who is eager to build a product that empowers thousands of developers to ship quality code faster, every single day. This role will contribute to the Server team within our Platform Engineering group. This team is focused on our self hosted product (https://circleci.com/blog/introducing-server-3.x/) which bundles up CircleCI on Kubernetes so our customers can run it themselves.
A Senior Infrastructure Engineer on the Server team will work alongside development, operations, marketing, and sales to maintain product integrity and deliver new functionality. Many of our customers have unique security and performance constraints. As an Engineer on this team, you will be tasked with solving problems that have not been solved before and are often at the bleeding edge of what is happening in the Kubernetes ecosystem. Our customers are sophisticated and push us to fit into very fast paced environments. The role requires creative thinking and deep collaboration with our product teams in order to come up with unique solutions for our on premise customers. The engineer stepping into this role will have a significant impact on the stability and functionality of our self hosted product.
What you'll do:
- Design and build new features to improve the stability, performance, and observability of our self hosted product.
- Partner with members of a multi-functional team and other partners to set the direction of our platform and product: learn about our business problems, explore solutions, weigh design tradeoffs, build effective user stories, and prioritize them to deliver maximum value
- Implementing best practices for Kubernetes based applications
- Participating in and contributing to the improvement of rotating on-call duties, including incident management
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of professional experience building and debugging distributed systems in production environments
- Experience with cloud services and virtualization, e.g. AWS, GCP, etc
- Experience managing Kubernetes based applications
- Experience managing Kubernetes clusters
- Experience developing and deploying Helm based applications
- Comfortable handling the ambiguity of a small, rapidly-growing company: adjusting to changing priorities, making conscious tradeoffs when guidance is limited and information is incomplete, and instituting standard methodologies from scratch when needed
We’re particularly interested in these habits and tendencies:
- Care deeply about the experience and satisfaction of users (internal and external)
- Work transparently and collaboratively within a distributed team
- Favor regular, incremental delivery of value over perfection
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for yourself and your team
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $123,500 - $145,000/yr
Level: Mid-Senior Level