We're looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to help lead our team and define the future of our platform.
Candidates in the US or Canada are eligible for this position.
What you’ll do:
- Help define and refine the practices that make our team effective.
- Mentor, sponsor, and empower the engineers on your team.
- Craft technical strategy to support our product and business goals. Maintain and adapt a distributed system with an event-based, micro-services architecture.
- Write code that’s easily readable, testable, and maintainable, with an eye towards baking in observability from the beginning. Our tech stack includes Typescript/React, Go, and Clojure. You needn't be a specialist in everything; T-shaped folks interested in learning are ideal.
- Participate in our on-call rotation to help our customers when they need it most.
What you'll bring:
- Years of professional experience with the care and feeding of distributed systems in production environments at scale.
- Experience contributing to a team as a collaborative technical leader. This can be as a team lead, a tech lead, or a lead role on a large, long-running project with significant impact.
- You’re comfortable navigating the ambiguity and change of a rapidly-growing company.
- You know how to work transparently and collaboratively within a fully distributed organization.
- Experience being on call.
We’re Particularly Interested In People Who:
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for themselves and their teams.
- Want to ensure that all of our systems - software and human - scale efficiently.
- Model good work/life balance for their colleagues.
Work remotely with our globally distributed team!
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. For this role, we are hiring engineers to work remotely in The United States and through our affiliate, Continuous Labs, in the following Canadian provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Level: Mid-Senior Level