CircleCI seeks experienced Engineers who are excited to craft the future of our internal development platform. You’ll join a distributed team in an engineering organization that values teamwork, trust, and learning. We’re growing fast and looking for folks to join our mission: enabling thousands of developers to do better work every single day.
Our Infrastructure & Tooling organization at CircleCI are composed of multiple teams that foster a culture of observability, availability, and monitoring
- Assist teams with using our tools, so they may gain better insight into the behavior of their systems in production
- Collaborate cross-functionally to evolve our platform architecture
- Write sustainable, high-quality, high-performance code
What you’ll do:
The Developer Tooling team’s mission is to eliminate developer toil by creating and maintaining tools, services and libraries that reduce time to delivery, reduce ongoing maintenance, and increase reliability. We enable engineers throughout CircleCI to do their work more efficiently by reducing manual and repetitive tasks.
- Develop new libraries, tools and services for use by engineering teams across CircleCI
- Build and maintain documentation for internal technologies and standard methodologies
- Work across teams to identify enhancements to our internal developer experienced by
Site Reliability Engineering
The SRE team works closely with engineering teams across the organization to help improve the production-readiness, performance and observability of our services.
- Help guide the stability and performance of services offered by CircleCI
- Work closely with product development teams to make services operable, resilient, reliable and performant
What we're looking for:
Do you love collaboration and teamwork? Are you eager to learn new things and help others learn, too? Are you a strong communicator in both synchronous and asynchronous mediums? If so, here’s the additional qualities we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of backend development experience with micro-services and distributed systems
- You write code that’s easily readable, testable, and maintainable, with an eye towards baking in observability from the start
- Ability to see problems and projects to completion
- Work transparently and collaboratively within a distributed team
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for yourself and your team
- Participates in rotating on-call duties, including incident management
CircleCI Engineering Competency Matrix
The Engineering Competency Matrix is our internal career growth system for engineers. This position is level E3. If you are not sure this is you, we encourage you to apply. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.