Come and lead the company in this newly developed role that will guide philosophy and execution for Total Rewards. You will join an established but growing People team, reporting the VP of People Operations in crafting strategies and programs that keep CircleCI an outstanding place to work. The CircleCI People team is responsible for employee experience and compliance, across the employee lifecycle. We know those signature moments for employees, from first touch in recruiting, first-day onboarding to last day offboarding, are critical to our employer brand. The value we provide is delivering core HR services across this lifecycle with quality, consistency, security - delivered with empathy. Your role is to help make that happen!
What you’ll do: Lead!
This role will lead the development and implementation of a total rewards philosophy, from design to execution. You are an experienced, hands-on leader with a deep understanding of how to scale total rewards programs and practices. You also have a reputation for execution, leading projects and teams, and driving results. Modeling, development, design and presentations skills on ideas, concepts, and strategy are in your wheelhouse, comfortably. You are as comfortable with a board of directors as with line employees needing information about benefits programs. But there's more. You will also own the execution of programs and shape the company culture through operational leadership. Your teams are compensation, benefits, operations, and HRIS that will allow you to go from strategy to executions, all under one roof. This alignment empowers you to set the direction lead the success of your efforts. This role combines strategy, tactical programs, and operations. Responsibilities
We're looking for a leader who can:
- Work and interact directly with our executives, CFO, VP of People, FP&A and Controller and associated teams on the multi-year compensation philosophy, strategy, plans and implementation
- Operationalize the employee lifecycle and lead all aspects of Total Rewards.
- Develop and deliver executive reviews, Board of Director materials, and insights for the compensation committee and other audiences
- Develop a deep bench of expertise for compensation and compliance in your organization and across the People Team
- Evaluate predicted market trends and recommend updates to company compensation and benefits plans that align with company strategy and objectives
- Guide pay equity studies, compliance, and pay for performance programs to sustain our competitiveness as a sought after employer
- Own job family architectures and associated compensation structures in Namely, Greenhouse and other tools for quality, consistency and reporting
- Deliver incredibly strong quantitative and modeling skills that are applied to business proposal, decisions, analysis and support executive decisions
- Guide your teams on data quality in systems, processes and employee-facing materials, which feed required reporting standards
- apply high emotional intelligence to guide executives and leaders through compensation and performance complexities where influence and relationships are as important as data and logic.
- Apply their savvy with HR information systems to recommend business cases for change, when appropriate
- Knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements for compensation, benefits, HRIS and HR documentation.
- Strong project management experience and effective organizational skills.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.