CircleCI is looking for a detail oriented Senior Accountant to join an outstanding team in an exciting rapid growth environment. In this role you will roll up your sleeves to execute the day-to-day accounting operations and help implement scalable systems and efficient processes as the company grows. This position will report to the Accounting Manager and continue to evolve with the growth of the company.
What you'll do:
- Assist in the monthly close process, which includes recording and reviewing journal entries, preparing and reviewing account reconciliations and researching fluxes.
- Coordinate audit and tax requests including preparation of supporting reports and documentation for yearly audit.
- Assist with accounting integration activities, which includes implementing a variety of finance and accounting related software solutions (PO System, Travel Management, etc)
- Responsible for the recording of Fixed Assets using the FA module in NetSuite. Manage the intercompany movements of computers through all our subsidiaries.
- Work with Payroll any reconciling issues to the GL accounts.
- Oversee the distribution/ reconciliation of the company's Credit Cards & policy.
- Support other team members with areas of work including accounts payable and sales tax
- Research various accounting topics and be involved with implementation projects regarding new accounting guidance.
- Assist the team with special projects as they arise
- Continuously identify and develop solutions for process improvement for the month end close.
What we're looking for:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- 5+ years of GL/AP accounting experience
- Sensitive to deadlines and able to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to collaborate across all levels
- Ability to work in a multifaceted environment with changing priorities (Being a great teammate)
- Prior ERP experience/NetSuite preferred
- Very strong knowledge of Excel
- Detail oriented/organized and a problem solver
- Strong understanding of GAAP and public company audit requirements
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.