At CircleCI, we enable thousands of developers to do better work every day. We want you to help us build a brand-new team whose mission is to use our wealth of data to make our platform better for each and every one of those developers! Our new Data Intelligence team will be the first to use machine learning within our customer-facing application to provide data-backed features to our customers.
We’re in search of an experienced engineer who will help define this new space and be a technical leader within this growing team. You’ll have the rare opportunity to be a key part of discovery, research, and development within a brand-new domain at CircleCI and craft a space that will play a key role in defining the future of our product.
About Our Team
We haven’t built it yet, and we’d like you to help! Product engineering teams at CircleCI are staffed with around 7-8 engineers, a dedicated engineering manager, and other members like product managers, data scientists and analysts, designers, and user researchers. You’ll be a part of the hiring and staffing process for this team - from working with engineering leadership on establishing skillset needs, to interviewing candidates, to onboarding new teammates.
You’ll also have the opportunity to interact and collaborate with teams across our product and platform engineering organisation. Teams like our core engineering group, our data science and infrastructure teams, and our growth engineering teams, helping our customers engage with our platform at every step of the way.
What you’ll do:
- Develop technical & product strategy for our data intelligence space together with engineering and product leadership.
- Assist in building and leading a data-focused product engineering team including hiring, onboarding, product discovery, research and development, and maintaining code in production, customer-facing environments.
- Design, build, train, and test ML models and develop the support structure necessary to turn those ML models into production-ready pipelines.
- Work closely with data scientists and analysts to build understanding of sophisticated, data-centric problems to solve for our customer base.
- Own and drive the technical analysis and scoping of new product discovery initiatives, partnering closely and communicating regularly with the product management team and business partners.
- Regularly mentor and coach engineers to expand their skills and support their career growth.
- Support, maintain and debug microservices in a scalable, distributed system.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to help our customers when they need it most.
Who we’re looking for:
- You have 6+ years of experience building, testing, deploying, and debugging distributed systems in production environments,
- You have practical knowledge of how to build, test, train, and deploy production-ready ML workflows. Your experience includes 2+ years hands-on experience in machine learning engineering or a closely related field
- You have contributed to a team as a technical leader. You work collaboratively with other engineers on architecture and design, and lift engineers up through mentorship and coaching. You bring the leadership skills to make your team better and help them achieve our business goals and succeed.
- You’re willing to pick up new technologies and languages (find our entire tech stack here), and aren’t afraid to admit what you don’t know.
- You’re a strong, empathetic, and flexible communicator and collaborator. You have experience collaborating with engineers and your team's partners, effectively balancing technical tradeoffs with delivering customer value quickly and iteratively.
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and figuring things out with your team as they evolve and change.
- You’re passionate about ensuring that all systems -- software and human -- scale smoothly. You actively develop the people around you, have experience coaching and mentoring more junior engineers, and thrive in this work.
- You feel a sense of ownership and accountability for the features you build.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.