As Director of Employee Engagement, you will lead the day to day interaction with managers to land and curate employee programs, initiatives and issues across the employee life cycle. Your responsibilities will include overseeing HR Business Partners, Learning and Development (L&D), and Diversity and Inclusion (D&I). You will work with all business unit executives on initiative task forces that shape policy and procedure that lead to scaling the business. Your experience in startups and large companies will be applied daily to guide executives and managers on how to scale their leadership teams via tools, training and support for the organization. You’ll work in concert with recruiting, operations and finance teams to effectively drive company growth through thoughtful HR programs. This is an excellent role for a multi-faceted Senior HR Business Partner with operational and program experience to lead a function that will make a huge difference!
About the People Team at CircleCI
The People Team is responsible for employee experience and compliance along the employee life cycle. This includes the first touch in recruiting with candidates, extending offer letters, onboarding new employees, employee's first day, employee and manager work infrastructure, development, assessment, reward and recognition, down to last day work before off-boarding. The value we provide is delivering core HR services across this life cycle with quality, consistency, security - delivered with empathy. Our responsibilities include thoughtful policy and procedure development and maintaining the systems and processes that enable great experience and meet compliance standards.
What you’ll do:
- Co develop and execute with VP of People and heads of Recruiting and Operations, a People team roadmap of objectives and key results that scale company growth
- Co-lead department efforts in building a high performance work environment, passionate about employee development via a business and company lens
- Lead the execution, with departmental leaders and managers, our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging initiative
- Drive departmental workforce planning and ongoing staffing planning with executives, Finance and Recruiting to ensure we are building company capabilities and employee skills
- Develop, curate and iterate on employee career paths/ladders and job family architecture related work that will influence workforce planning, compensation, and performance management
- Coach and develop executives on effectively leading their departments and teams
- With other groups, develop and manage a learning and development (L&D) program that maps to company needs and growth for managers and employees
- Find opportunities for improvement and efficiency across the employee life cycle that will directly lead to scaling business growth
- Conduct and curate employee engagement surveys and program for areas to improve as a business
- Provide thoughtful investigations into employee complaints, raised issues and areas of risk
What we're looking for:
- 15+ years as an HR Business Partner in successively larger roles and employee coverage that includes Engineering teams greater than 100 employees
- 5 years direct manager experience across different HR subject areas
- Expert skills in co-developing, driving and curating HR programs
- Strong operational thinking and maybe even a stint running operations to understand what it takes to sustain high quality programs and processes
- Proven experience co-developing, delivering, and co-curating HR programs that include compensation, benefits, D&I and L&D programs and initiatives
- Problem management specialist, able to effectively diagnose problems quickly and work in a group setting to guide towards solutions
- Trained facilitator and mentor for crucial conversations, behaviors and communication
- Being an experienced investigator of employee issues and complaints that expose the company to undue risk, in all facets
- Superb communicator - listening, speaking, writing, presenting, influencing and negotiating.
- Effective mentor for executives, managers and employees on appropriate performance and behavior expectations
- Critical conversations - can effectively speak truth to power
- Proven facilitator, able to apply standard methodologies to mediate conversations that result in professional outcomes for employees and the business
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.