As Support Engineering Manager at CircleCI, you will lead a team of Support Engineers and guide the extended team of Customer Engineering, Revenue, and Customer Success to deliver an extraordinary customer experience to CircleCI users and prospective customers.
We are searching for an energetic and performance-focused Manager. As the team's manager, you will enable individual contributors to support our rapidly growing customer base. You will ensure the team is able to answer customer questions efficiently and effectively. You will also improve existing processes to help the team scale. CircleCI takes pride in the fact that our Support team is comprised of true engineers, with deep technical skills, and an ability to resolve Tier 1, 2 and sometimes Tier 3 level issues for a very technical user base (developers). We are looking for candidates that embrace that model, and can help us attract and retain the unique mix of skills vital to perform at this level.
About Support Engineering at CircleCI
Our Support Engineers have a strong understanding of the developer community and are able to confidently work with and provide first class support to developers, DevOps leads, architects and decision makers.
What you’ll do:
- Support the team by providing guidance on customer experience and approaches to solve specific challenges, be the point of escalation for the team, as well as represent their team's needs to Customer Engineering Leads and CircleCI leadership.
- Implement process improvements for consistency across the team.
- Planning for team growth to meet demand and support CircleCI premium support packages.
- Represent the Voice of the Customer to CircleCI’s Leadership teams. Help to identify recurring problems, and general trends of user dissatisfaction to drive upstream improvements.
- Partner with the Customer Success team to ensure alignment across Support and Success initiatives.
- Coach, develop, and mentor team members by providing constructive feedback, developing career plans and maximising teaching opportunities.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to help influence product roadmap based on customer feedback, and to continue to build product knowledge and awareness within the support engineering team members
- Set, monitor, and drive success by establishing clear metrics and OKRs.
- Maintaining high levels of transparency, efficiency, and collaboration in your team.
- Participate in launch of new products, documentation, and customer integrations to our internal teams and customer community.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience leading a rapidly growing Support team of 10+ people, preferably in a SaaS environment.
- You have worked directly with customers in a technical support role, solving sophisticated technical problems.
- You can tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions.
- Demonstrated capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies.
- You believe that the best way for all to succeed is to honestly discuss product and company abilities and limitations with customers. We don't oversell at CircleCI.
- Ability to prioritize among opposing opportunities, balancing customer needs with business priorities and the ability to articulate the rationale behind those decisions.
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products.
- You are empathetic and able to gracefully handle stressful situations.
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation
- You have spent a decent amount of time using and scripting *nix
- You know how to work with Git in general and ideally GitHub in particular
- You’ve thrown together an app or two in a high-level programming language
- Knowledge of Docker or Linux containers in general
- Experience with popular web app frameworks and/or mobile app development (iOS, Android)
- Experience using and automating a major IaaS like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Familiarity deploying and debugging distributed systems
** Not all skills required. If you’re interested in growing with us, please reach out!
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Level: Mid-Senior Level