As a Solutions Engineer at CircleCI, you will be the customer’s trusted technical adviser throughout the sales process. You’ll provide hands-on support for cloud-based and single tenant deployments and product guidance with CircleCI’s largest customers. This role requires quickly absorbing and understanding new concepts
We are seeking an engineer that stays on top of industry news, technology products, platforms, new CircleCI features, and partners to ensure you and your team provide and maintain a deep industry and ecosystem expertise. You will also identify areas of potential improvement in our sales efforts, and then work to improve them. This could be high level strategy, daily tactical efforts, or down in the weeds of documenting or how to videos.
While this role is currently remote due to COVID-19, this job will eventually be performed in CircleCI's London office, with occasional travel.
About Sales Solutions at CircleCI
Our Solutions Engineers have a strong understanding of the developer community and are able to communicate with and provide first class support to developers and DevOps leads.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the technical support in mid-market and enterprise opportunities across the EMEA region.
- Collaborate with Account Executives to identify and uncover customer business goals, needs, and pains, and work to show how CircleCI can address them.
- Support customer trials, providing advice and technical support along the way.
- Prove the technical feasibility of the CircleCI platform to highly technical and developer audiences.
- Partner closely with our customer success teams to ensure continuity of an amazing customer experience - for life.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to help influence product roadmap based on market/customer requirements.
- Provide technical responses to RFPs and RFIs.
What we’re looking for:
- Extraordinary presentation skills. You feel comfortable leading presentations and demos of our platform to groups, both technical and non-technical, in-person and virtually.
- Work with customers directly to debug common errors without involving an engineer.
- You can tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions.
- Capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies.
- A decent amount of time using and scripting *nix.
- Familiarity with basic networking concepts, i.e. TCP/IP fundamentals.
- You know how to work with Git in general and ideally GitHub or Bitbucket in particular.
- You’ve thrown together an app or two in a high-level programming language.
- A solid understanding of cloud computing and exposure to one of the major vendors (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- You believe that the best way for all to succeed is to honestly discuss product and company abilities and limitations with customers. We do not oversell at CircleCI.
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation.
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes or Linux containers in general.
- Experience with popular web app frameworks and/or mobile app development (iOS, Android).
- Exposure to Hashicorp technologies (Terraform, Nomad, etc).
- Experience using and automating a major IaaS like AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Familiarity deploying and debugging distributed systems.
** Not all skills required! This is a growth role that will expose you to mentors and additional pathways.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.