As a Support Engineer, you will provide first-class post-sales technical leadership to our client base. Working directly with customers, Support Engineers are the authority on the CircleCI platform, continuous integration, and deployment practices. Finally, as part of the Customer Engineering organisation, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share knowledge and experiences, and will act as the Voice of the Customer to help drive improvements that will ensure our customers’ success with CircleCI.
You will be the main point of contact for technical questions and requests for assistance that our customers register in our support ticketing system. You will work with the rest of the Support team to build out and cultivate our support operations, and help to establish a customer community to improve the experience of our customers. For this job you will need to have a strong technical capability along with a strong self-starting, dedicated mentality and the ability to maintain empathy for customers. You’re going to be dealing with very technical users and complex issues, but you’re also tasked with creating excitement and loyalty in the customers you interact with.
About Customer Engineering at CircleCI
CircleCI’s Customer Engineering organisation’s goal is to make life easier for our customers and leave them with the “wow” experience of building and testing their applications with ease. Customer Engineering works with customers to understand their technical and business needs and requirements — from onboarding to implementation to scale. We are comprised of Solutions Engineering (pre-sales), Success Engineering (post-sales for large accounts), and Support Engineering (post-sales ticket based support for all customers). There is an opportunity for both horizontal and vertical growth, and promotion within Customer Engineering and the CircleCI organisation!
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our customers to help them resolve tickets
- Be creative and scrappy in solving customer technical problems and answering customer questions
- Build standard methodologies for technical troubleshooting across different technologies, and author Knowledge Articles that contribute to our self-serve support portal
- Be the customer's voice and use customer feedback to help Product and Engineering improve the product
- Become a champion of the CircleCI solution
- Participate in on-call rotation
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of technical product support or engineering
- Experience working directly with customers to debug common errors
- Ability to tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions
- Demonstrated capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
- A decent amount of time using and scripting *nix
- Familiarity with Git in general and ideally GitHub in particular
- You believe that the best way for all to succeed is to honestly discuss product and company abilities and limitations with customers. We don't oversell at CircleCI
- Strong ops/infrastructure knowledge, especially networking and security
- Great relationship building skills and a good people person
- Outstanding written and oral interpersonal skills
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation, either as a practitioner or in a customer-facing role
- Ability to fix networking issues that may prevent communication between different components
- Knowledge of Docker or Linux containers in general
- Knowledge of iOS application testing and codesigning
- Experience using and automating a major IaaS like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Familiarity with deploying and debugging distributed systems
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.