The Release Engineering team is responsible for the development and improvement of test automation and release tooling that enables efficient, repeatable testing and releasing of CircleCI’s products. As a Release Engineer you will work alongside development, operations, marketing, and sales to maintain product integrity and ship on time. You will make decisions about the design and implementation of software delivery pipelines and processes.
This crucial position affords the right candidate many interesting and challenging opportunities to play a key role in the growth and maturity of the team. The engineer stepping into this role will have a significant impact on the speed and agility in which CircleCI develops and ships software.
What you’ll do:
- Working closely with development teams around the globe to design and implement effective automation solutions to build, test and deploy
- Managing the integration, validation and remediation of the individual components that make up our product
- Building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring, and debugging
- Delivering solutions to improve automation and efficiency
- Ship product to cloud and on-premise customers
- Participating in and contributing to the improvement of rotating on-call duties, including incident management
What we're looking for:
- Solid understanding of automated build and release systems for large environments.
- Experience in source code management and branching techniques
- Experience managing container-based architectures, including orchestration, service-discovery, monitoring, and debugging
- Experience with cloud services and virtualization, e.g. AWS, GCP, etc., and demonstrated ability to install, configure and manage virtualized systems
- Proficiency in one or more of: Python, Ruby, Go, Clojure, Java, C, C++
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience with distributed microservices environments
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Track-record of working cooperatively with software engineering teams
- Focus on security in the delivery of all levels of a system
- Strong communication skills
We’re particularly interested in people who:
- You care deeply about the experience and satisfaction of users (internal and external)
- You have experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methodologies and tools
- Understanding of Docker or evolving container management platforms like Kubernetes or Mesos
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.