We are looking for an exceptional manager to lead our SMB Customer Success Team where you will be responsible for the success and long-term growth of our most valued customers across the SMB segment. The SMB segment is one of the most vital at CircleCI, as many customers start their journey with the platform early (Outreach.io, Procore, Acorns, Betterment, etc). In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead and grow a team of SMB CSM’s who handle a high volume of renewals and premium support customers.
The Manager, SMB Customer Success role, reporting to the Senior Manager, Customer Success, is a perfect role for someone who has had experience being a strategic CSM, as well as managing a team. In this role you will actively partner with your team to manage, mentor, and lead to help meet their individual and departmental goals. You will be deeply passionate about your team’s success as well as the success of our customers and be eager to help craft strategies at scale with your team to drive customer awareness, adoption, retention, growth, and advocacy. You will have some technical expertise, love talking to customers,and strong time management and organizational skills. You will have had great success supporting your team and fostering a culture of inclusivity, collaboration, dedication, creativity and growth. This role will manage a growing team of SMB Customer Success Managers. In this role you will have the opportunity to continue to grow and build the team by adding CSM’s as our business continues to skyrocket.
What you'll do:
- Manage a team of SMB CSM’s who are responsible for a significant portion of our annual customer base
- Mentor your team through weekly meetings, strategy sessions, periodic reviews, growth plans, and additional professional development initiatives
- Help forecast headcount need, recruit and hire top level talent for the customer success organization within your region
- Drive product awareness, adoption, and usage of CircleCI with an assigned customer base with a focus on driving customer outcomes at scale through the use of CircleCI products and services
- Own the net retention and health of your team’s book of business, by driving the annual renewals and ensuring our customers continue to appreciate the value we deliver and grow their use of the product
- Collaborate with your team on creating additional programs to achieve positive outcomes for their customers at scale
- Understand the technical and business challenges of our customers and help enable your team to partner with our customers on how to best use the CircleCI solution
- Partnering with the team on customer activities will include establishing and maintaining broad customer relationships, monitoring product usage and adoption, reviewing and taking proactive measures to maintain customer health, customer journey matriculation, and escalation support
- Ensure excellent account documentation, forecasting, account risk disposition, and opportunity creation/maintenance
- Partner with your counterparts in Customer Success, Sales, and Customer Engineering to develop and execute strategic operational plans to better enable the team to be successful in their roles
- Be the voice of the customer as you partner with engineering, marketing, product, and sales to deliver best-in-class customer experience
- Monitor usage to identify and manage renewals, risks and downgrades. Grow customer accounts over time and work to ensure customer renewals at scale
- Identify at-risk customers and help them get on track
- Collaborate with the head of the department to define, document, and execute the quarterly OKR process
- Partner with the Revenue Operations team to help drive customer success operational initiatives
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years B2B SaaS customer success, or account management experience in a customer facing role including managing a team or being a team lead/mentor
- Previous work experience in a software company, including direct interaction with developers and a general understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Familiarly with developer workflows and standard tooling e.g. GitHub
- General understanding of application development (waterfall, agile, CI/CD)
Other Desirable Qualities:
- Proactive mindset to drive conversations and relationships forward with a technical base of users and buyers
- Have direct experience supporting a solution in the DevOps tool chain
- Experience with the Challenger methodology
- Experience managing a team working remotely or in a satellite office
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Quora, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.