CircleCI’s growing design team is looking for an experienced UX Content Strategist / Writer. In this role, you will improve user experience in the application by crafting meaningful user interface copy that helps users accomplish their goals. You will also help set the content strategy across multiple user touch points and create cohesive experiences through words.
About Design at CircleCI
Design at CircleCI is a multi-disciplinary team that drives a consistent voice and experience through our entire customer and partner network. The team is made up of communication designers, product designers, visual designers and researchers who work hand in hand with marketing, product management, and engineering to create CircleCI’s industry-leading product. If you want a chance to work on a unified brand, marketing, and product vision the CircleCI design team is the right place for you.
What you’ll do:
- Distill complex concepts into clear, actionable in-product copy
- Use writing and editing skills to write copy for user interfaces that improves navigation, on-boarding, error messages, and other areas of the end-to-end user experience.
- Drive vision for product language and content across a product and ensure cohesive product narratives.
- Follow brand guidelines, and establish your own for product copy
- Work with writers across the company to establish product and feature names
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, legal, marketing, product managers, and engineers
- Manage multiple projects and competing priorities
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience working as a UX writer or content strategist
- Experience in user-focused product writing including work in software, digital agency, or other relevant product area.
- Experience in shaping content for multi-disciplinary projects.
- A passion for language, and experience using it to influence behavior and promote change
- Can embrace the highly technical nature of CircleCI and our products
- A portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines.
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Behance, Dribble, Twitter, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.