CircleCI helps software teams quickly and confidently validate and seamlessly ship code. We power innovation by automating build, test and delivery processes so teams can ship software faster and safer. As software development becomes more complex, change has become a massive supply chain problem that every engineering team has to deal with. Validating change is the lifeblood of everything developers do and CircleCI eliminates the challenges associated with it.
Overview of Position:
CircleCI is looking for a product manager to join our Growth team and help us shape the buying experience for our customers. In this role, you'll work with a first-class team of Growth engineers responsible for designing, building, and continuously improving a portfolio of experiments and monetization features, with the goal to drive revenue growth for our company.
As part of the Growth team, our mission is to dig deep into our users' experience with CircleCI and help them become more successful while building on our product. Our two existing Growth teams, Activation and Engagement, continuously analyze our users' journey to help them onboard and retain on the CircleCI platform. We're looking for a Product leader to build out and lead a new Growth team focused on the buying experience with a mission to ensure that customers recognize the value in our platform and can conveniently pay us in a way that feels aligned with that value.
Like all our Growth teams, the Buyer Experience team hypothesizes, builds, analyzes, and iterates, working hand in hand with our Product, Data, Design, Marketing, and Engineering teammates. As the leader of this team, you'll also work very closely with the leaders of our other Growth teams. Together with your team, you'll challenge the status quo of our product, in order to support our go-to-market teams and drive sustainable long-term growth for our entire company.
About Product Management at CircleCI:
The Product Management team is responsible for the product strategy, roadmap, and execution. Because developers are our customers (and we’re a huge user of our own service), Product Management and Engineering work together closely to understand the needs of our users, and jointly define the product vision. As a Product Manager, you will define and ship successful, meaningful products that help thousands of developers deliver better applications to their users faster.
We work in cross-functional teams, use data and user-research to drive our decision making, believe in delivering features quickly and continuously improving them, and love to talk to our users. To do that effectively we work in durable teams and use agile and scrum methodologies. We have full ownership of our product areas and are responsible for the success of our products. We prioritize work that delivers the most impact and is measurable and achievable.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and articulate the product strategy for a key part of the CircleCI experience, and effectively present and influence key stakeholders on the merits of the strategy.
- Responsible for defining what the team works on and why by assessing opportunities and doing discovery.
- Inform product decisions with quantitative data on user behavior and experimentation (a/b testing)
- Define methods and metrics for measuring success and failure of the product, the technology, and the team while ensuring the team is clear on their objectives, and constantly tracking performance
- Integrate usability studies, user research, market analysis and community feedback into product requirements to ensure the product satisfies user needs as well as wants
- Partner closely with engineering, data, design, user research teams to build and maintain a roadmap to delight our users while growing the business
- Coordinate with other product managers, designers, and engineers to ensure a cohesive overall user experience.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of product management experience, ideally in SaaS or related space
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst competing opportunities, balancing customer needs with business priorities and the ability to articulate the rationale behind those decisions
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of how software is built, tested and released to customers
- Experience working for an engineering-driven company a plus
- Startup experience a plus
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery concepts a plus
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.