Come help us build the world’s most reliable and fastest growing CI/CD system! Our customers range from well-known household brands to small startups and everywhere in between. We’re growing at a high pace and we need you to help us scale further.
CircleCI is looking for a full time Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to help a mission-critical domain: the future of our pricing and billing applications. In this role, you’ll join a team of engineers responsible for the system our customers use to pay for our services and ensure they can always keep building.
This is a full-time role at the E3 level on our Engineering Competency Matrix, and requires participation in our on-call support rotation.
We work behind the scenes to ensure a smooth experience for everyone involved in payment transactions. We are responsible for the proper handling of millions of dollars across thousands of daily transactions, and everyone is counting on us to deliver reliably and efficiently.
We work hand in hand with our Product, Revenue, Data, Customer Success, and Finance teams to improve our product. At the same time, we’re there to maintain compliance and cleanliness in our data and records and protect our bankrolls:
- We help our customers manage their payments and credits with us, and provide visibility into usage for them.
- We help our teammates in the Customer Success teams respond to customer inquiries, and help teams across our company have the tools and information they need to be able to act fast when our customers need help.
- We wrangle lots of details and even more numbers.
Our mission is to ensure that our customers can conveniently pay us in a way that feels aligned with that value. We do this by enabling customers to optimize the value of the CircleCI platform through usage transparency and easy billing.
To thrive in this role, you work well with distributed teams and enjoy pair programming. You communicate with teammates in a respectful, flexible, and empathetic manner. You like working with Product and Design to find the best solution to the problem at hand. You balance technical tradeoffs with delivering customer value quickly and iteratively.
Our team has been growing recently, and is going to continue growing further over the next months, to increase our ability to support our customers and internal stakeholders, as well as our fast growth as a company. We are in the process of shaping out the strategy for our further evolution as a team, and will be actively working towards growing our team to a point where we can become two teams, and are now looking for engineers who want to join us on our mission.
What You’ll Do:
- Work on a cross-functional engineering team distributed across North America.
- Design and build new features, simplify existing services, and scale our systems as we rapidly grow and evolve.
- Write sustainable, testable, high-quality, high-performance code.
- Write scalable, observable, and fault-tolerant features in a microservice system.
- Support, maintain, and debug microservices in a complex distributed system.
- Gain exposure to 3rd-party payment systems.
- Collaborate with teammates through planning, pair programming, and testing.
- Participate in on call rotation and assist internal stakeholders with managing customer plans.
- Partner with members of a cross-functional team and other stakeholders to contribute to setting the direction of our product: learn about our business problems, explore solutions, weigh design tradeoffs, write effective user stories, and prioritize them to deliver maximum value in a sustainable, incremental fashion.
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of full stack professional experience building and debugging distributed systems in production environments.
- You enthusiastically approach everything from HTML/CSS to API design with the same level of respect and intention. You don’t need to be an expert in everything; T-shaped folks with an emphasis on frontend skills are ideal for these roles.
- You write code that’s easily readable, testable, and maintainable, with an eye towards baking observability in from the start.
- Experience using agile/lean development practices with a focus on incremental delivery and business value.
- You’re interested in collaborating closely with your team’s Product Manager and other stakeholders.
- You’re good at navigating and shaping the dynamics of a rapidly-growing company with a remote-first culture: quickly adapting when priorities change and making conscious tradeoffs with incomplete information.
We’re Particularly Interested In People Who:
- Work transparently and collaboratively within a distributed team.
- Favor regular, incremental delivery over perfection.
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for themselves and their teams.
- Are excited about ensuring that all of our systems—software and human—scale smoothly.
- Brings strong communication and teamwork skills.
Work remotely with our globally distributed team!
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. For this role, we are hiring engineers to work remotely in The United States and through our affiliate, Continuous Labs, in the following Canadian provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.