You'll join a highly-distributed team that’s building a paved security path so our team of more than 130 engineers can focus on their core competencies and worry less about security issues. You'll write sustainable, resilient code as part of an engineering organization that values collaboration, trust, and learning. You’ll be part of a team at the heart of CircleCI’s business responsible for build environments used by thousands of development teams every day.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in bi-monthly third-party penetration tests.
- Write and maintain sustainable, high-quality, high-performance code.
- Participate in the Security Team’s on-call incident rotation.
- Respond to bug emails submitted by security researchers and work on remediation.
- Backlog grooming and chipping away at technical debt.
- Be a leader on third-party library security.
- Write blog posts, lead internal workshops and education efforts.
What We're Looking For:
Does that sound like you? If so, here’s the experience we’re looking for:
- Security mindset.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Calm under high-pressure situations.
- Deep knowledge of Node.js, NPM, Yarn and React.js.
- Web penetration testing and OWASP Top 10 experience.
- Experience working in a modern cloud company with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, AWS, and GCP.
- A willingness to learn Clojure and new languages.
- A focus on delivering high-quality code through strong testing practices.
- Ability to manage customer demands and work with internal stakeholders to solve them.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
CircleCI Engineering Competency Matrix:
The Engineering Competency Matrix is our internal career growth system for engineers. This position is level E3. If you’re not sure this is you, we encourage you to apply. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.
Work remotely with our globally distributed team!
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. For this role, we are hiring engineers to work remotely in The United States, Ireland, Germany, United Kingdom and through our affiliate, Continuous Labs, in the following Canadian provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.