Data Analyst for Product
Remote - US/Canada, San Francisco, Boston, Denver, Toronto
As a Senior Data Analyst for Product, you will:
- Lead all things data for a product team
- Analyze rich data sets
- Improve our product to help 100,000+ developers ship code faster
About Product Analytics at CircleCI
In this role, you are a member of the Data Science and Analytics team. We are a dozen or so analysts and data scientists in CircleCI's product organization. We collaborate with product managers, product leaders, designers, and engineers, and we help product teams make better decisions and deliver measurable improvements to our products and services.
In this role, you lead all things data for a product team!
What you’ll do:
- Be an excellent analyst: Uncover business questions. Write research plans. Explore data in clean and raw forms. Soundly use statistics. Make clear visualizations. Uncover insights. Tell compelling stories. Present to executives. Drive action and outcomes.
- Support a product team: Define, forecast, and root cause product metrics. Analyze products, features, and performance. Drive product activation, engagement, and retention. Explore customer characteristics, behaviors, segments, and cohorts. Turn repetitive analyses into dashboards. Build data pipelines and tables.
- Brandish a growth toolkit: Define the models, paths, and loops of product growth. Support product cycles of build, measurement, and learning. Brainstorm hypotheses. Design and interpret A/B tests and other experiments. Educate partners on statistical validity.
- Improve our analytics practice: Scale success and celebrate fast failure. Move from one-off to repeatable processes. Complement analysis with creative thinking. Define requirements for better data. Improve data automation and analytics capabilities. Collaborate with teammates, data engineers, and analytics engineers.
What we're looking for
- One to two years of product analytics: Successful candidates typically have from one to two years supporting product, engineering, growth, or marketing teams as a dedicated analyst. Typically, that experience is at a high-growth company with a well-defined product funnel. Often, candidates have additional experience supporting other functions as a data analyst or in BI-, reporting-, or analytics-engineering roles.
- Technical education: A bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field (e.g., Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Finance, etc.). Bonus for a similar Master’s degree or a data science bootcamp.
- Proficiency across analytics tools: Analytical SQL. Scripting in a notebook environment, using Python and Pandas. Intermediate statistics. Basic data science. Ability to quickly ramp up on GitHub, Snowflake, Looker, Amplitude, Segment, Optimizely, Airflow, DBT, and others.
- Right soft skills: Curious; confident; open to questioning assumptions and being questioned. Effective communicator across technical and business audiences. Results-oriented, incremental worker, able to balance vision and execution, and not easily discouraged.
You can work remotely anywhere in North America! You also have the option to work out of our San Francisco, Denver, Boston, or Toronto offices, once they reopen. CircleCI is a distributed company with team members across 50+ cities and 13 countries.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that process more than one million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.