Come help us build the world’s most reliable and fastest growing CI/CD system! Our customers range from well-known household brands to small startups and everywhere in between. We’re growing at a high pace and we need you to help us scale further.
CircleCI is looking for a Staff Full Stack Software Engineer to help us lead Activation Team engineers through technical mentorship and strategy across the frontend and backend stacks. You will join a team of full stack engineers that are empathetic and curious about the experience of our new users. As we expand our growth teams, we are looking for someone who can help us become more effective. You’ll be able to expand your skills by exploring the ways in which engineering can directly contribute to the growth of our business.
This is a full-time role at the E4 level on our Engineering Competency Matrix, and requires participation in our on-call support rotation.
The Activation Team, along with our business partners, have made it our mission to help CircleCI’s newest users succeed with CI/CD. To that end we are optimizing the onboarding experience of our new users, by guiding them as they learn our tool, educating more advanced features and by helping them prevent and correct errors.
We achieve this by implementing and optimizing features with a data-driven approach. We conduct experiments in four phases: ideation, hypothesis, design and analysis. Based on the result, we either further refine our experiment, or even roll it back and leave it behind. As long as we have learned something about our users, experiments are considered successful.
Our position within the engineering organization is unique: we frequently work with many teams across the CircleCI Platform and are positioned to influence the future direction of the product.
What you’ll get to do:
- Lead and unblock the engineers on your team.
- Identify and resolve technical risk in future engineering work.
- Facilitate communication with different engineering and business teams.
- Collaborate with other growth teams to conceptualize and implement technical enablement strategies.
- Support engineers in interpreting the results of experiments.
- Guide the future of product at CircleCI:
- Build the technical roadmap to scale successful experiments into full features.
- Use learnings from unsuccessful experiments to guide the design of future work.
- Use Clojure and a modern React.js frontend (if you don’t know them it’s okay!). You can find our entire tech stack here.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for someone who has a learning mindset, is curious and highly motivated to learn something new everyday. They should also like to have impact on high visibility work for their business and be someone with an audience-driven communication style. If this sounds like you, here’s the additional experience we’re looking for:
- Someone who can work across many engineering domains and is comfortable learning unfamiliar technology. You know how to guide a team to make decisions in an ambiguous environment, manage risk, and recover from mistakes.
- A value-driven engineer who understands the tradeoffs between user, technical and business needs.
- Someone who provides technical leadership, influencing the team’s technical output, strategy and standards.
- You have a track record of mentoring and coaching developers on their team.
- You’re curious about your users and always looking for ways to improve their journey through your product.
- Someone that favors regular, incremental delivery over perfection while incorporating regular feedback from users and stakeholders.
- Experience working with distributed systems such as microservice architectures.
- Someone comfortable with being on a pager rotation.
We’re Particularly Interested In People Who Are:
- Mindful of developer happiness.
- Experienced in working in a distributed environment.
- Previously experience in a growth engineering, data pipeline team, or innovation team.
Work remotely with our globally distributed team!
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. Our Growth teams are distributed across North America. For this role, we are hiring engineers to work remotely in the United States and through our affiliate, Continuous Labs, in the following Canadian provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.