At CircleCI, we enable thousands of developers to do better work every day. We're looking for full stack folks to help nurture the systems that make it possible.
As a member of one of our Core teams, you’ll own essential micro-services at the heart of our platform. You’ll work on features and capabilities like Orbs, pipelines, our permissions and domain model, our pricing and usage, and our CLI . You’ll also collaborate daily with talented colleagues across North America and western Europe.
This is a full-time role that requires you to participate in our on-call support rotation.
CircleCI is a distributed team and we are hiring engineers for this role to work remotely in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan, through our affiliate Continuous Labs.
What you'll do:
- Design and build new features, simplify existing services, and scale our systems as we rapidly grow and evolve.
- Write sustainable, testable, high-quality, high-performance code.
- Support, Maintain, and debug micro-services in a complex distributed system.
- Foster a culture of observability and monitoring: use operational data to help your team improve the stability and performance of our systems.
- Partner with members of a cross-functional team and other stakeholders to set the direction of our platform and product: learn about our business problems, explore solutions, weigh design tradeoffs, write effective user stories, and prioritize them to deliver maximum value in a sustainable, incremental fashion.
What we're looking for:
- At least one year of professional experience building and debugging distributed systems in production environments.
- You write code that’s easily readable, testable, and maintainable, with an eye towards baking observability in from the start.
- You’re good at navigating the dynamics of a small, rapidly-growing company with a remote-first culture: quickly adapting when priorities change and making conscious tradeoffs with incomplete information.
We’re Particularly Interested In These Work Styles
- You work transparently and collaboratively within a distributed team.
- You favor regular, incremental delivery over perfection.
- You strive for continuous learning and improvement for yourself and your team.
- You’re excited about ensuring that all of our systems--software and human--scale smoothly.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.