CircleCI is looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to lead one of our Growth Teams through technical mentorship and strategy. Are you interested in joining a team of full-stack engineers that are empathetic, creative, and curious about the experience of our newest users? If so, you will be able to expand your skills by applying engineering to contribute to the growth of our product and business.
This is a full-time role at the E3 level on our Engineering Skills Matrix, and requires participation in our on-call support rotation.
The Growth Teams have made it our mission to help our users get the most out of CircleCI. We optimize our experience and guide users as they learn about and start using our product.
We achieve this by applying the scientific method to craft and optimize features by measuring user behavior. Based on what we discover we may further refine our experiment or even roll it back and leave it behind. As long as we have learned something, experiments are considered successful.
Our position within the engineering organization is outstanding: we frequently work with many teams across the CircleCI Platform and are positioned to influence the strategic direction of the product.
What you’ll do:
You will be accountable for the technical ownership of experiment delivery, and will accomplish this by collaborating with other specialists. You are going to be a key contributor to the software creation process, and in addition to this, and will:
- Learn something new about our users every single day: through user feedback, data, and working with your teammates. Develop an understanding of how people use CircleCI, what makes them successful, and how we can evolve our product to engage more organizations.
- Deliver high exposure projects and tasks, and are keen to have a meaningful impact on our business.
- Hypothesize, plan, architect, implement, run, and review experiments to rapidly iterate on features.
- Collaborate with your engineering teammates through planning, pairing, testing, reviewing and delivery of the features that you build.
- Use Clojure and React.js (if you don't know these, we will help you learn!). Find out more about our entire tech stack here.
What we’re looking for:
Our senior engineers are curious and highly motivated to learn something every day! If you are interested in having strategic impact on a business as an engineer, here are some attributes that will make you stand out:
- Your happiness comes from what you learned, not what you build, and don't mind throwing out most of the code. In order to support a learning culture, and seek continuous learning and improvement.
- We are driven by pursuing different types of projects, and digging deep into our users’ experience. You value knowledge and adapting based on data, and have attention to detail.
- You are a strong communicator and enjoy building positive relationships with your colleagues, brainstorming and developing ideas together. You have strong feedback skills and communicate openly with your team and are open to being wrong and having your mind changed.
- We practice continuous delivery to a production environment. You seek regular, incremental delivery over completeness, to bring value to our users, and continuously test your changes.
- We spend around 70% of our time on the frontend. As we grow our domain, we expect it to become more balanced between work on the frontend and backend.
- We are comfortable with ambiguity and are inventive to seek solutions to problems that arise from change. You resolve the ambiguity of a rapidly-growing company: adjusting to changing priorities, making conscious tradeoffs when mentorship is limited and information is incomplete, and implementing methodologies from scratch when needed.
Work remotely with our globally distributed team!
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. Our Growth teams are distributed across North America. For this role, we are hiring engineers to work remotely in the United States and through our affiliate, Continuous Labs, in the following Canadian provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.