Come join the world’s largest shared CI/CD platform, and help us drive the future success of our company! Our customers range from well-known household brands to small startups and everywhere in between, and we’re looking for engineers to help us excite more companies about our product.
Do you like learning? Are you interested in playing a key role in driving the future success of our business? Do you enjoy working in roles that go beyond writing code? Do you want to start your own company one day, and are keen to develop essential skills to reach this goal? – Then this role is for you: As a senior member of our Growth team, you will do all these things every day, and you will play a key role in driving the future success of our business. Together with teammates across our company, you will invest your efforts to discover what drives organizations to adopt and become successful using CI/CD, and sharpen your Product Thinking skills. You’ll learn new things every day, and iterate based on short feedback cycles and data which you’ll analyze to identify what works.
As the Growth team, our mission is to expose more users to the value they can get through using our product, and getting deeper into CI/CD with us. We dig deep into our users’ experience with CircleCI, and help them become more successful using our product. Focusing on our users’ onboarding experience through their first weeks with us we hypothesize, build, analyze, and iterate together. We work hand in hand with our Product, Data, Design, Marketing, and Engineering teammates. Every day we challenge the status quo of our product in order to support our go-to-market teams and drive sustainable long-term growth for our entire company.
Our position in the engineering team is unique: we work throughout the entire CircleCI product – across marketing sites, onboarding, all the way to our core CI/CD workflows – to help empower our users to deliver better software faster.
What you’ll get to do every day:
- Learn! You’ll learn something new about our product and our users every single day: through user feedback, data, and your work with your teammates. You’ll develop a deep understanding of how people use our product, what makes them successful, and how we can evolve our product to engage more organizations. You’ll learn how to drive revenue through engineering measures, how to get more customers to use our products and increase their engagement with us – key lessons for anyone interested in starting their own business one day.
- Have business impact: You will conceive and execute experiments with the goal of learning more about how our users use our product, working with people across our entire company, always looking to increase your impact on our business.
- Run experiments and iterate quickly: Hypothesize, plan, architect, implement, analyze, A/B test, and rapidly iterate on features.
- Work with a collaborative, fast-moving team: Collaborate with, lead, and mentor your engineering teammates through planning, pairing, testing, and delivery of the features you build.
- Take ownership of your work: As part of this role, you’ll participate in our team’s on-call rotation in the event that production issues occur.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for someone who has a learning mindset, is curious and highly motivated to learn something new everyday. They should also like to have impact on high visibility work for their business, and be someone with an audience-driven communication style. If this sounds like you, here’s the additional experience we’re looking for:
- A curious mind: You are motivated by your curiosity and deep desire to learn something new every day. You enjoy tackling different types of projects, and rolling up your sleeves to dig deep into our users’ experience with our product. You value analysis and making decisions based on data, and bring attention to detail.
- Desire to creatively learn: You’re excited about the prospect of learning how to become a great product-minded engineer, where you will get to implement your product ideas and influence our product direction and roadmap. Your satisfaction as an engineer comes from what you learned, not what you built, and you’re comfortable throwing out most of the code you write. In order to support a learning culture, you strive for continuous learning and improvement for yourself and your team.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills: You enjoy working closely with your teammates, brainstorming and developing ideas together. You have strong feedback skills and communicate openly with your team and are open to being wrong and having your mind changed.
- Desire to impact the future of our business: You like working on high exposure projects and tasks, and are keen to have impact in a crucial business domain.
- Interest in moving fast: You’re experienced in the day-to-day practices of continuous delivery and agile development in a production environment. You favor regular, incremental delivery over perfection.
- Technical skills: You have experience writing, deploying, and iterating quickly on front-end code (we use React, GraphQL), and are comfortable with some backend development as well (we use Clojure, but it’s fine if you haven’t yet). You consider technology a tool for solving users’ problems, and are interested in learning new technology when required. You can find our entire tech stack here.
- Adaptability: You’re comfortable with ambiguity and figuring things out as they evolve, change, and new requirements emerge. You’re good at managing the ambiguity of a small, rapidly-growing company: adjusting to changing priorities, making conscious tradeoffs when guidance is limited and information is incomplete, and instituting best practices from scratch when needed.
- Experience as an entrepreneur, a growing startup, or working in Growth Engineering teams is a plus.
Work remotely with our globally distributed team!
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. Our Growth teams are distributed across North America. For this role, we are hiring engineers to work remotely in the United States and through our affiliate, Continuous Labs, in the following Canadian provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.
CircleCI Engineering Competency Matrix
This role will be for levels E2 and E3 on our Engineering Competency Matrix, our internal career growth system for engineers. These are the minimum expectations for this position, but we are always willing to discuss bringing people on at more senior positions when appropriate. Read our blog post about the competency matrix to learn more.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.