We are looking for an exceptional SMB Customer Success Manager to join the Customer Success Team where you will be responsible for the success and long-term growth of our largest group of customers. In this role, you will be the key point of contact for our customers, helping to maximize the value they receive from our solutions and cultivating a successful long-term partnership.
The SMB Customer Success Manager role is a perfect role for someone who has some technical expertise, loves talking to customers, has a passion for developing and executing strategic plans to drive 1:many customer adoption, retention, and growth. In this role you will use a combination of automation and specific call to action strategies to serve customers’ unique business challenges, help them realize the value of CircleCI, and facilitate pooled customer support resources.
The Customer Success Team at CircleCI plays a pivotal role with our customers. The team is responsible for ensuring customers are getting value from our platform, and helping to identify ways we can help a customer solve business problems. You’ll act as a trusted advisor and ambassador for CircleCI.
In terms of growth, we strongly believe in the continued development of each new hire. In joining the Customer Success Team, you’ll join a community that believes in development and promotion from within and as a rapidly expanding business, there are a lot of opportunities for progression.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the adoption, growth, and retention of CircleCI with a scalable 1:many approach using automation and specific calls to action
- Understand the technical and business challenges of our customers and advise them on how to best use the CircleCI solution. Customer activities will include running programs to establish and maintain broad customer relationships, monitor product usage and adoption, and take proactive measures to maintain customer health
- Facilitate customer engineering support meetings and product usage optimization based on customer support tier
- Drive cross-functional initiatives that will improve the overall customer experience and lead to greater satisfaction and loyalty among customers
- Be the voice of the customer as you partner with engineering, marketing, product, and sales to deliver best-in-class customer experience
- Identify growth opportunities and work with the Sales teams to engage accounts and ultimately enter into a greater evaluation of the CircleCI solution
- Monitor usage to identify and manage renewals, risks and downgrades. Grow customer accounts over time and work to ensure customer renewals at scale
- Identify at-risk customers and help them get on track
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of two years B2B customer success, or account management experience in a customer facing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and maintain a high volume of customers
- Empathy and a passion for problem solving
- Strong time management with the ability to balance multiple deliverables while working in a high volume environment
- Technical mindset and passion to learn about software development, cloud environments, and interacting with developers
- Growth mindset, intellectually curious and ambitious with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and adoption
- Experience with tools such as Salesforce, Gainsight, Outreach, and Zendesk. Savvy with navigating multiple systems and data analysis.
- Startup experience a plus
- Has the ability to manage customer expectations, drive relationships and conversations forward
- Growth mindset, always looking for ways to improve the experience for our customers
- Relatable, humble, open to rapid iteration, and learner focused
- Can work autonomously and collaboratively within a team
- Receptive to feedback, willingness to learn and embrace continuous improvement
- Demonstrate dedication to meeting client expectations and requirements
How to apply:
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Quora, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.