Our mission is to help people everywhere build and deliver software at the speed of imagination. As a Developer Advocate at CircleCI, you will have extensive influence over our voice, content, community building, and ecosystem.
As Developer Advocate, your main goal is to build connections with current and future CircleCI developers and help inspire and educate them around DevOps principles, namely CI/CD. This involves speaking publicly about developer productivity at conferences, meetups, and other events, both in-person and online. In addition, the role will develop content in the form of tutorials, samples, blog posts, and videos to show how CircleCI and CI/CD contribute to the development lifecycle. This role will work closely with the Global Head of Developer Relations and Community across our various countries. Your work grows and sustains the large community of developers who rely on CircleCI as a fundamental part of their daily work.
About Developer Relations and Community at CircleCI
The Global Developer Relations and Community team is responsible for connecting with, inspiring, and educating developers (our users) on the CircleCI platform in particular and DevOps principles in general. Our Developer Relations team works closely with multiple areas (and regions) of the company, from Marketing to Engineering to Product, to name a few, as well as building relationships with 3rd parties and partners.
What you’ll do:
- Help define and scale the developer advocacy program at CircleCI.
- Work closely with our Technical Community Manager and Developer Advocate in the US to grow both our presence and the awareness of developers in our target communities in EMEA.
- Be the main proponent and champion for our platform, products and services.
- Speak and network at conferences, meetups or events on behalf of CircleCI.
- Monitor and respond to technical questions on Twitter, Facebook, Stack Overflow, Quora, our Discuss community, and elsewhere.
- Create valuable content that speaks to our audience of developers: conference talks, blog posts, videos, and more.
- Advocate with product, marketing, engineering, and revenue teams for changes we can make on behalf of our customers -- be the chief listener, consolidator, and report-backer on issues our customers are having, what other players in the space are doing, and where we can make improvements.
- Work with our partner team to support the partner ecosystem and work on opportunities for expanding our partner and developer ecosystem.
- Be the main point of contact, editor, and translator for the marketing team to help make sure communications are technically correct and tonally appropriate for our audience.
What we’re looking for:
- You are obsessed with connecting with, inspiring, and educating developers.
- An engineering/CS background -- you don’t need a CS degree, but you will need to be able to create sample projects, code tutorials, and work with/on our API.
- To enjoy networking and speaking -- we’re looking for someone who is energized by meeting new people.
- To be self-directed and strategic: the ideal candidate will be able to set a course, articulate why that course will deliver the highest value and impact to the company, and execute on that direction.
- You have a solid understanding of relevant technology and tools including CI/CD, APIs, cloud solutions, and programming languages.
- A track record of speaking at conferences and meetups, and the examples to back it up.
- You are very familiar with the open source community.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- You are a technology enthusiast at heart. Love all things related to engineering and adopting new and exciting technologies. You think like a developer.
- You exhibit Interpersonal skills by effectively communicating, building rapport, and relating to others at all levels, in both written and verbal forms.
- You might have a background in SaaS, real-time communications, or enterprise.
- You have experience representing a company, project, or community at events, conferences, meetups, etc. and giving talks.
- You have an existing network from a diverse set of communities and social media platforms.
How to apply
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, Stack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.