As an Analytics Engineer at CircleCI, you will be responsible for bridging the gap between our team of data platform engineers and data analysts. We are looking for an Analytics Engineer to join our team that will help build, maintain, and scale our processes to deliver well-defined, transformed, tested, documented and code-reviewed data to business users and downstream systems to help the company strategically use our data to operate and grow our business.
About Analytics Engineering at CircleCI
The Analytics Engineering team at CircleCI will work to apply software engineering best practices to the production and maintenance of analytics code and transform raw data into consumable information and business logic. The team will create a workflow that tests data to ensure it is of high quality, documents all business logic, and ensures data models are running reliably in a production environment. The Analytics Engineering team will be instrumental in increasing the velocity of the analytics process and will improve the quality of data by bringing a deep understanding of what the business needs into the transformation process and by bringing the rigor of software engineering to analytics code. We’re now looking for someone who brings the experience and entrepreneurial mindset to help us build out this team and domain.
What you’ll do:
- Work on high impact projects that improve data availability and quality, and provide reliable access to data for the rest of the business
- You’ll be the go-to analytics expert at the company, and will help bridge the gap between understanding business needs and knowing how to design efficient, usable data models.
- Work with engineers, product managers, and data analysts to understand data needs
- Build data expertise and own data quality
- Help define the data and analytics strategy and technical direction, advocate for best practices, and investigate new technologies
What we're looking for:
- Experience: You have a minimum of three years of experience as a data analyst or analytics engineer and prior experience working with software engineers or software engineering workflows
- Technical Skills: Fluent in SQL with experience programming in Python or another high-level language. Strong understanding of schema design for analytics and the operational needs of data pipelines. Just as comfortable getting quick answers with Excel
- Technical Education: A bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or Finance)
- Soft Skills and values:
- Problem-solving: You bring curiosity and a strong interest in data, discovery, and an entrepreneurial mindset to your work
- Openness: You’re open to questioning your assumptions and being questions, and resilient
- Communication: You’re an effective communicator across technical and business audiences
- Planning: You have an affinity for structure and efficiency and are able to balance planning and execution, and are able to optimise for incremental value delivery. You manage stakeholder expectations gracefully
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Behance, Dribble, Twitter, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate. We’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.