CircleCI seeks a Senior Software Engineer who is eager to build a product that empowers thousands of developers to ship quality code faster, every single day. In this role, you will contribute to the Server team within our Platform Engineering group, working adjacent to SRE and Security teams. This team is charged with supporting, developing, maintaining, and improving our on premise product.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Server team, you will work alongside development, operations, marketing, and sales to maintain product integrity and deliver new functionality. You will manage escalations, maintain and extend the platform, add tooling for observability, as well as participate in agile team processes.
This crucial position affords the right candidate many interesting and challenging opportunities to play a key role in the growth and maturity of the team. The engineer stepping into this role will have a significant impact on the stability and functionality of our on premise product.
What you'll do:
- Build upon and support our Kubernetes infrastructure and become the go-to source of information for orchestration techniques and best practices.
- Design and build new internal tooling.
- Write sustainable, testable, high-quality, high-performance code.
- Manage engineering escalations from support for our on premise customers.
- Participating in and contributing to the improvement of rotating on-call duties, including incident management.
- Partner with members of a cross-functional team and other stakeholders to set the direction of our platform and product: learn about our business problems, explore solutions, weigh design tradeoffs, create effective user stories, and prioritize them to deliver maximum value.
What we're looking for:
- Experience providing infrastructure solutions for Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience managing container-based architectures, including orchestration, service-discovery, monitoring, and debugging.
- Experience with cloud services and virtualization, e.g. AWS, GCP, etc.
- You write code that’s easily readable, testable, and maintainable.
- You’re comfortable using functional programming paradigms. (We use Clojure, but it’s fine if you haven’t yet.)
- You’re good at managing the ambiguity of a small, rapidly-growing company: adjusting to changing priorities, making conscious tradeoffs when guidance is limited and information is incomplete, and instituting best practices from scratch when needed.
- You care deeply about the experience and satisfaction of users (internal and external)
- You work transparently and collaboratively within a distributed team.
- You favor regular, incremental delivery of value over perfection.
- You strive for continuous learning and improvement for yourself and your team.
How to apply
Submit your application online via the Apply Now button. Please include a cover letter that describes why you're interested in working for CircleCI and summarize how your experience and career goals fit the qualifications for the position.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is a distributed team and we are hiring engineers for this role to work remotely in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan, through our affiliate Continuous Labs.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.