CircleCI is building a vibrant ecosystem of assets, partners, and integrations that allows our users to leverage those items to accelerate their ability to achieve a specific use case. The goal is to continue to expand this library of assets and allow customers, partners, and the community to both contribute and consume them. CircleCI is seeking a Community & Partner Engineering Manager to lead the team that builds, manages, and supports these technical assets and the way that they are presented to users. Examples of these assets that extend the core CircleCI platform include the emerging ecosystem around orbs, our new package manager for CircleCI configuration, and our fleet of Docker convenience images, used every day in thousands of CircleCI pipelines.
As Manager you will take ownership of engineering assets and efforts that help developers get started on our platform more successfully, and improve the integration of our platform with partner technologies. You will oversee delivery of a team of 5 to 10 engineers, aligning vision and ensuring successful execution. You will work with our Product Management organization to ensure these assets are presented in the most effective manner to ensure they can be easily discovered, and quickly implemented.
About Community and Partner Engineering at CircleCI
Community and Partner Engineering falls under CircleCI’s Customer Engineering organization, alongside our Solutions Engineering, Success Engineering, and Support Engineering teams. Community and Partner Engineering will build a strong understanding of the developer community and the DevOps Technology ecosystem and will confidently communicate with and provide first class support to CircleCI customers and technology partners.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusivity. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply.
What you'll do:
- Manage a team of 5-10 engineers
- Develop deep understanding of how people use CircleCI and partner technologies to automate their CI/CD workflows
- Serve as the technical lead and owner of technical strategy for all Community and Partner assets, collaborating closely with Business Development, Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to help influence product roadmap based on market/customer and partner/community requirements, particularly focused on Orb and Docker image capabilities
- Work closely with Solutions Engineers, Success Engineers, and Support Engineers to ensure that community and partner assets are promoted appropriately, and given proper support
- Stay on top of industry news, technology products, platforms, new CircleCI features, and partners to ensure you and your team provide and maintain a deep industry and ecosystem expertise
- Develop and launch new sales products and customer integrations to our internal teams and customer community
- Partner closely with our customer success teams to ensure continuity of an amazing customer experience—for life
- Participate in strategic discussions about the direction of our partner program and how to most effectively leverage partners to drive commercial outcomes
- Manage a team of engineers that work with partners directly to demonstrate integration approaches, train their engineers, and debug problems
What we're looking for:
- Experience using Git and GitHub, or other version control systems
- Experience using continuous integration and deployment platforms (like, for example,
CircleCI) and automated build/test/deploy systems in general
- Knowledge and awareness of successful ecosystems, and the effective measures needed to ensure a vibrant community of contribution
- Experience with image packaging tools like Hashicorp Packer
- Strong skills around Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, etc.), containerization/virtualization (Docker, virtual machines). Bonus if you're also familiar with macOS and/or Windows.
- Use and automation of infrastructure for at least one major cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Hands on expertise developing community and partner assets
- Strong customer-facing skills (communication, empathy, technical writing)
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation
- You can tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions
- Demonstrated and proven capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
- You’ve thrown together an app or two in a high-level programming language
- Strong ops / infrastructure knowledge, especially networking and security
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Quora, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.