As a Product Designer, you will design successful, meaningful products that help thousands of developers deliver better applications to their users, faster.
About Product Design at CircleCI
Product designers at CircleCI have a strong problem solving process and a demonstrated ability to explain that process. They are curious, ask questions, dig deep into problems and are excited to learn new things.
Our product designers are strong visual thinkers understanding the key elements of visual design including visual hierarchy, layout, typography, color etc and also have ability to communicate structure, relationships and flow through visual assets.
Our product designers understand the value of research and seek every opportunity to engage with customers and utilize design to solve real user problems.
Our product designers are empathetic and collaborative and are able to work well with people from different backgrounds. They advocate for design decisions through data, research, and strong critical thinking, but also engage in participatory discussions, take feedback, and use that feedback to produce the best possible designs for our customers.
Designing for Core Products
A successful designer on our core products will have previous experience in developer tools or an interest in the technical space and the curiosity to dig deep and learn more.
Someone coming into this role should have experience using data analytics, user testing and research to inform and validate design decisions.
Core product designers understand the key jobs to be done for core user journeys and work collaboratively with their functional team and across teams to ensure a complete experience.
This is a key role with the opportunity to contribute holistically to improving the experience of our customers.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of design experience (previous SaaS, enterprise or Developer tools work a huge plus.)
- A system thinker who has the vision to design the big picture, and the tactical ability to break it down so that engineering can succeed in building it incrementally.
- Ability to think through complex user problems, propose solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them
- Communicate design effectively, regardless of the audience
- Ability to collaborate with a team across multiple time zones
- Look for opportunities to solve problems for people in unusual and innovative ways and enjoy working with engineers to ship small, quick experiments to validate your ideas and opinions
- Experience doing user research and data analysis
- A portfolio of work that shows complex and creative UX solutions to technical problems and a solid grasp of information architecture.
- Basic Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS with an ability to understand the technical complexities of proposed solutions
- Experience with Lean UX methodologies
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.