Our Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) are a key part of our Sales team and are key in helping us continue to grow our presence in the European market. As an SDR at CircleCI, you will research companies to attract in partnership with account executives, plan, and execute a sales strategy in the UK and EMEA. You'll also break into new accounts and foster relationships with multiple contacts within all levels of our target customer segments.
What makes an SDR successful? We are a team of intuitive, passionate hunters looking for green-field opportunities within potential customers. We’re looking for a high performer who has a track record of success, has demolished their previous quotas, and possesses polished phone and writing skills. The SDR understands and enjoys technology, prospecting, learning, and ultimately wants to establish a career in sales.
What you'll do:
- Prospect and generate leads as well as create strategic target account lists within a defined territory
- Collaborate closely with Account Executives to establish a territory "plan-of-attack", including target companies, target prospects, and messaging/talk-tracks
- Qualify and set expectations for initial meetings for our Account Executive teams
- Actively listen to customer needs and handle objections
- Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of Qualified Meetings, Opportunities and Pipeline Generation
- Conduct business relevant conversations with Senior Executives in Target Accounts
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending regular emails, coordinating strategic discovery meetings)
- Leverage a modern lead generation tool stack, including Salesforce, Linkedin, Outreach and DiscoverOrg
- Learn, leverage, and help evolve our demand generation process
- Participate in regular training & informational sessions
- Detail oriented, organized mindset with an ability to manage time effectively. Must be able to remain focused in the face of many competing interests
- A desire to pursue a career in sales. You are coachable, able to implement feedback and dedicated to continuous self improvement
What we're looking for:
- Understanding of SDR Day-to-Day (This is Huge!)
- History of quota over-achievement
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- Previous experience in a lead generation role
- SaaS experience a plus, particularly in technical, infrastructure or devops products
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Quora, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.