As the Head of People at CircleCI, you will lead and develop global Human Resources and Recruiting functions, helping CircleCI scale its existing global presence. You will be responsible for building out the team and driving the strategy, systems and operational flows to deliver strong business impact and employee growth. The ideal candidate has both the ability to think strategically and understand the tactics we will need to execute. In this role, you will partner closely with the CFO as well as other members of the leadership team to set the vision for CircleCI’s people strategy and lead day-to-day people operations. You will incorporate an understanding of modern workforce trends (understanding of the most current tools used to manage a remote workforce a huge plus). In addition to our other core values, CircleCI places great importance on our Inclusive, Empathetic, and Respectful culture and sees the infusion of our values within our People strategy as critical and core to our ongoing success.
What you’ll do:
HR and Recruiting
- Scale our ability to serve employee needs through technology and the right level of documentation for a globally distributed workforce
- Develop and manage a remote and in-office workplace culture with an approach that allows us to be productive from anywhere
- Define and cultivate CircleCI’s employer brand strategy
- Help refine and scale an effective new hire onboarding program for a distributed environment to ensure that new employees can hit the ground running and be set up for long-term success
- Manage our vision, values and diversity initiatives that drive positive employee experience and involvement
- Manage HR Ops to effectively respond to employee requests, continually improve the data integrity within our HR systems and proactively address compliance requirements
- Provide input for a thoughtful and cost effective benefits program that is competitive for companies in our profile, keeping pace with compliance and workforce trends in the countries we employ people
- Extensive knowledge of compliance requirements for a globally distributed company
- Continue to architect, coach and scale exceptional Recruiting and HR teams, and enable these teams to carry out essential people functions across a rapidly growing global organization
- Develop an enhanced learning and development practice that allows employees at all levels and locations to achieve their maximum potential
- Refine and develop a high-impact performance management system
- Oversee efforts around organizational effectiveness, including organizational design, strategic consultations with group leaders, change leadership, etc.
What we're looking for:
- Senior level HR experience, able to scale operations, coach managers, and respond to wide-ranging employee incidents and/or concerns
- Proven experience in scaling teams within a fast paced, high growth environment
- Deep understanding of change management at scale, specifically from a cultural perspective, and proactive in fostering CircleCI’s culture and values through times of high growth and ambiguity
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven leader, manager and mentor who knows how to grow and develop a team and their careers
- Strong business and financial acumen to see and model the current and future state of people operations
- Effective collaborator at all levels; able to lead, follow or get out of the way to inspire collaboration and execution
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, Stack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.