At CircleCI we have helped some of the world’s most innovative companies - from venture-backed companies to tech-forward enterprises - scale their software development practices, and significantly accelerate their pace of business growth. We’re passionate about helping engineering teams take the shortest path from idea to value creation, and we need your help.
We’re looking for someone to manage and scale our UK and Ireland new business sales team. Reporting to the General Manager, EMEA, you will lead a team of Account Executives to acquire net new customers, with a sleeves-rolled-up mentality, and help the team deliver against ambitious goals as CircleCI embarks on its next phase of hyper-growth. You will have experience in building a high-performing technology sales team and have a strong orientation to developing team members’ long-term careers. You will have an infectious enthusiasm for the role technology plays in driving meaningful productivity growth and social value.
What you'll do:
- Develop the long-term vision and sales strategy for CircleCI in EMEA
- Partner closely with both the Global Sales Director and General Manager, EMEA on goal-setting, revenue attainment, forecasting and pipeline management.
- Manage and grow the new business sales team, with accountability for overall team performance.
- Coach the team of Account Executives on deals to help maximise their attainment against key sales metrics.
- Play a personal role in forging deep relationships with senior decision-makers through the sales cycle.
- Work collaboratively with the Sales Development and Customer Engineering teams to win new customers, and with Customer Success to oversee the successful transition to existing business, and to support renewals and upsells.
- Analyse market trends and identify new opportunities for growth.
- Invest in and enable the team members’ personal career development goals.
- Represent CircleCI at in industry- and Company-hosted events.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 8+ years experience in technology sales, including 3+ years in people management.
- Demonstrable pedigree in orchestrating complex sales cycles, managing business and technical stakeholders.
- Proven ability to hire, train and lead a high-performing sales team.
- Experience in high-growth technology environments.
- Expertise in building strong and trusted relationships with senior decision-makers.
- Enthusiasm for technology and the role it plays in driving innovation and productivity growth.
- Ability to understand and articulate complex technical concepts, and translate them into industry- or business-relevant value propositions.
- Strong analytical orientation.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
It would be great if you had:
- Experience selling into the software developer community.
- Previous experience in leading a team in an international office of a US-headquartered company.
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Quora, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.