Our mission is to help people everywhere build and deliver software at the speed of imagination. As a developer advocate at CircleCI, you will have extensive influence over our voice, content, community building, and ecosystem.
This is a position for engineers who love connecting with developers and speaking publicly about developer productivity and team success on conference panels, at user groups, on blogs, in docs, and internally, working closely with Developer Community Manager who is responsible for launching and growing CircleCI user community across APAC countries. Your work grows and sustains the large community of developers who rely on CircleCI as a fundamental part of their daily work.
In this role, you will...
- Define and scale the developer advocacy program at CircleCI
- Be the main proponent and champion for our API
- Speak and network at conferences, meetups or events on behalf of CircleCI
- Monitor and respond to technical questions on Twitter, Facebook, Stack Overflow, Quora, our Discuss community, and elsewhere
- Create content that speaks to our audience of developers: conference talks, blog posts, videos, and more
- Advocate with product, marketing, engineering, and revenue teams for changes we can make on behalf of our customers -- be the chief listener, consolidator, and report-backer on issues our customers are having, what other players in the space are doing, and where we can make improvements
- Build a partner ecosystem and work on opportunities for expanding our partner and developer ecosystem
- Be the main point of contact, editor, and translator for the marketing team to help make sure communications are technically correct and tonally appropriate for our audience
For this job, you’ll need...
- Native level Japanese and English
- An engineering/CS background -- you don’t need a CS degree, but you will need to be able to create sample projects, code tutorials, and work with/on our API
- To enjoy networking and speaking -- we’re looking for someone who is energized by meeting new people
- To be self-directed and strategic: the ideal candidate will be able to set a course, articulate why that course will deliver the highest value and impact to the company, and execute on that direction
- A deep understanding of CI/CD and DevOps more generally. You should be familiar with our product and be able to articulate _why_ CircleCI can help engineering teams be more productive, happier, and successful
- Experience conceiving, testing, and scaling successful programs
- A track record of hosting successful events and speaking at conferences and meetups
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and let us know why you’d be a great fit for our team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Github, Stack, Quora, Wantedly, etc) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.