CircleCI is looking for a senior communications/content marketing leader to join for an interim, contractor role for 6 months while two of our colleagues are on family leave. This is a great, rare opportunity to step into a flexible role on a creative, engaging team of storytellers, copywriters, content creators, and communications professionals.
Our dream candidate has extensive experience as a people manager, and genuinely enjoys helping the individuals on their team grow and hone their skills. We are looking for someone who understands a content creation/PR pipeline from ideation to distribution, and who instinctively understands the customer viewpoint and what they find compelling.
We plan for this person to join our team for a ramp-up, part-time period in January to shadow and work alongside our content and communications director/senior manager, with hours ramping to 30 hours or more (as desired) from February - June. As our teammates return from family leave, we will begin a hand-off period that will last for a few weeks to help transition knowledge and the work of the team.
This is an ideal role for someone returning to the workplace after their own extended leave, a candidate with a consulting business/agency role considering going in-house, or someone interested in making a transition from a corporate to a start-up environment.
Content and Communications at CircleCI:
This team is responsible for content creation, messaging, earned media, and copywriting. The team also shapes and distributes product and company news to the market, and works cross-functionally with other teams at CircleCI to make communication clear, useful, and human across every channel. This team is highly collaborative, low ego, and dedicated to improving our methods and craft.
- Lead team strategy and planning as it relates to content creation + distribution, corporate messaging, and overall company communications
- Manage 3-5 full-time employees
- Oversee content production schedule in coordination with internal stakeholders, including product marketing, revenue, and engineering
- Manage brand voice and tenor to ensure all activities marketing and company-wide meet voice and quality thresholds
- Work x-functionally with product marketing, web optimization, demand gen, customer marketing, and all customer-facing teams to deliver consistent, high-quality, strategic messaging across channels
- Track and report against quarterly metrics
- Create + implement process improvements as needed
- Run 2x weekly team meetings + weekly 1-1s with direct reports, as well as with CMO and other executives as needed
- Oversee PR + AR activities as they relate to broader company messaging initiatives
- Oversee budget and team spend
- Excellent judgment: you know how our audience will perceive and react to language, and you are not shy about finding opportunities to change or improve communication to lead to a positive outcome
- Previous experience leading content marketing and/or brand messaging teams, preferably for a highly-technical audience
- Previous experience managing 3 or more direct reports
- Ability to work x-functionally to identify new content opportunities and directions, while balancing internal stakeholder feedback and team priorities
- Ability to quickly and decisively shift tactics and strategies as needed in a nimble and ever-changing environment; comfortable making executive editorial decisions
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Quora, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.