We are looking for an exceptional person to join the Sales team in Japan responsible for sales for Japan and APAC region. We have a growing Sales team in Japan and are now expanding into APAC countries. You’ll be responsible for further growing CircleCI Japan business, as well as the APAC expansion of the team.
- Build and execute Sales strategy for Japan and APAC, and accurately track and report on sales and customer success metrics, leveraging Salesforce and Outreach.io
- Analyze regional market trends and discover new opportunities for growth
- Lead the Sales team that consists of SDR (inside sales) and AE (account executive) to further accelerate business in Japan and build and expand the team for APAC countries.
- Lead and assist SDR and AE in establishing lead generation practices, identifying named accounts, establishing consistent sales practices, negotiating contracts, and ultimately closing deals to achieve sales targets
- Establish quotas, forecast pipeline and revenue, and monitor progress. Responsible for sales goals of the team
- Represent the Sales team’s issues and ideas for improvement to leadership and third-party stakeholders
- Partner closely with Global Sales team
- Collaborate effectively with internal partners including sales engineers, customer success engineers, support engineers, customer success, marketing, and product managers
- Be a mentor, leader, motivator and manager for your revenue team to help ensure they continue to grow and realize their full potential.
- Build a trusting, open-communication environment for your team
- Ensure sales, finance, and legal policies and procedures are met
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- 5+ years experience in technology sales experience and 3+ years in SaaS customer success and/or account management, and 1+ years managing a team
- Global mindset with experience in a global working environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong time and project management with the ability to balance multiple deliverables while working in a high volume environment
- Passion for sales and technology
- Technical mindset and passion to learn about software development, cloud environments, and interacting with developers
- Extensive experience leveraging Salesforce as a manager
- Experience closing net new deals and assisting in upsell/expansion opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing or mentoring junior team members - bonus for having managed remote employees in other countries
- Skilled negotiator with a high close rate
- BA/BS Degree in a related field preferred (Business, Entrepreneurship, Sales/Marketing, or Computer Science)
- Preference for candidates who have experience selling technology to technologists (Dev Teams, CTOs, EAs, etc.)
- Startup experience a plus
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and let us know why you’d be a great fit for our team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Github, Stack, Quora, Wantedly, etc) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.