As the Federal Account Executive for CircleCI, you are responsible for working with US Government Agencies, Resellers, Partners, and System Integrators to adopt CircleCI and grow CircleCI’s deployment footprint. As an initial member of the Federal sales organization, you will be responsible for working with the partner, prospect, and customer ecosystem to establish CircleCI’s presence in the Federal market. You will personally communicate with all levels of the customer team from staff developer to Sr. VPs and CTOs, crossing business lines and working with multiple stakeholders in complex sales processes. You’ll be a key stakeholder in assessing the Federal market and approaching accordingly. You will work closely with our Sales Engineering team, our Security team, and other CircleCI personnel to successfully acquire customers in the Federal Government arena.
CircleCI is the best platform for software teams looking to rapidly build quality projects, at scale. Our intelligent continuous integration and delivery tools are simple yet powerful. Our aim is to provide the wisdom of a connected development ecosystem to every team member making technology decisions.
We run 12M+ builds a month on our platform for companies like Spotify, Kickstarter, Sony, and Coinbase. Over 25,000 organizations and 300,000 developers actively build, test, and deploy on CircleCI. We’ve raised $59.5M in venture capital from Industry Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Harrison Metal Capital, and Baseline Ventures.
- Manage the entire sales process including strategy, lead generation, product trial management, negotiation, contracting, closing, and transition to customer success
- Collaborate with sales management on federal GTM strategy
- Execute and iterate on federal sales strategy, working with agencies, resellers, technology partners, and systems integrators to ensure initial adoption and growth of CircleCI federal business
- Partner with prospect through consultation-based selling
- Develop strategies to build pipeline and exceed revenue goals
- Be a trusted advisor within our developer community
- Collaborate effectively with internal partners including sales engineers and support engineers, customer success, and product managers
- Accurately track and report on sales opportunities
- Build long lasting relationships with prospects and customers
- Accelerate customer adoption
- Manage contract negotiations for large accounts
- Cultivate long-term strategic relationships with accounts to ensure customer satisfaction and renewals
- Work closely with sales development and junior AEs to mentor and grow pipeline
- Meet with prospects as needed, travel approximately 30%
- 4+ years of technology sales experience
- 1+ years of Federal sales experience
- Competitive, entrepreneurial, hunter spirit
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Record of exceeding large sales quotas
- Passion for sales and technology
- Experience leveraging Salesforce
- Experience with a land-and-expand strategy
- Skilled negotiator with high close rate
- Preference for candidates with on premise sales experience
- Preference for candidates with management and leadership experience
- Preference for candidates who have experience selling technology to technologists (Dev Teams, CTOs, EAs, etc.)
- Bachelors Degree required
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and let us know why you’d be a great fit for our team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.