As a Staff Product Manager, you will define and ship successful, meaningful products that help thousands of developers deliver better applications to their users, faster.
About Product Management at CircleCI
The Product Management team is responsible for the product strategy, roadmap, and execution. Because developers are our customers (and we’re a huge user of our own service), Product Management and Engineering work together closely to understand the needs of our users, and jointly define the product vision. We work in cross-functional teams; use data and user-research to drive our decision making; believe in delivering features quickly with continuous improvement; and love to talk to our users. We prioritize work that delivers the most impact, and is measurable and achievable.
CircleCI is the best platform for software teams looking to rapidly build quality projects, at scale. Our intelligent continuous integration and delivery tools are simple yet powerful. Our aim is to provide the wisdom of a connected development ecosystem to every team member making technology decisions.
We run 12M+ builds a month on our platform for companies like Spotify, Kickstarter, Sony, and Coinbase. Over 25,000 organizations and 300,000 developers actively build, test, and deploy on CircleCI. We’ve raised $59.5M in venture capital from Industry Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Harrison Metal Capital, and Baseline Ventures.
- Set the product strategy, prioritize features, build consensus and coordinate product schedules with a team of engineers and designers to ship top quality experiences to users
- Build and maintain a roadmap to delight our users while growing the business
- Build use cases and user stories and communicate them effectively
- Integrate usability studies, user research, market analysis and community feedback into product requirements to ensure the product satisfies user needs as well as wants
- Inform product decisions with quantitative data on user behavior and experimentation (a/b testing)
- Define methods and metrics for measuring success and failure while ensuring the team is clear on their objectives, and constantly track performance
- Coordinate with other product managers, designers, and engineers to ensure a cohesive overall user experience
- 5+ years of product management or engineering leadership experience in SaaS or developer tools
- 8+ years of experience with software development and/or software operations
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst competing opportunities, balancing customer needs with business priorities and the ability to articulate the rationale behind those decisions
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Experience working for an engineering-driven company a plus
- Ideal - Experience with a continuous integration and delivery toolchain
- Ideal - Clear understanding of modern software pipelines, platform, and infrastructure toolchains and their related communities including but not limited to AWS, GCP, GitHub, BitBucket, HashiCorp, Rollbar, etc.
- Ideal - Solid understanding of the developer community, tools and supporting ecosystem
We know there’s no such thing as a "perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.