As a Solutions Engineer at CircleCI Japan, you will be the customer’s trusted technical advisor throughout the sales process. You’ll provide hands-on support for cloud-based and single tenant deployment and product guidance with CircleCI’s largest customers.
About Solutions Engineering at CircleCI
Our Solutions Engineers have a strong understanding of the developer community and are able to confidently communicate with and provide first class support to developers, DevOps leads, and architects.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the technical support in mid-market and enterprise opportunities across the APAC region.
- Collaborate with Account Executives to identify and uncover customer business goals, needs, and pains, and work to show how CircleCI can address them.
- Lead demonstrations and support customer trials, providing advice and technical support along the way.
- Prove the technical feasibility of the CircleCI platform to highly technical and developer audiences.
- Identify areas of potential improvement in our sales efforts, and then work to improve them. This could be high level strategy, daily tactical efforts, or down in the weeds of creating documentation or how to videos.
- Partner closely with our customer success teams to ensure continuity of an amazing customer experience - for life.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to help influence product roadmap based on market/customer requirements.
- Provide technical responses to RFPs and RFIs.
- Become an expert on the CircleCI solution.
What we're looking for:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English.
- JLPT N2 or equivalent Japanese language proficiency.
- World class presentation skills. You feel comfortable leading presentations and demos of our platform to groups, both technical and non-technical, in-person and virtually.
- Work with customers directly to debug common errors without involving an engineer.
- You can tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions.
- Demonstrated and proven capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies.
- You have spent a decent amount of time using and scripting *nix.
- You know how to work with Git in general and ideally GitHub or Bitbucket in particular.
- You’ve thrown together an app or two in a high-level programming language.
- You believe that the best way for all to succeed is to honestly discuss product and company abilities and limitations with customers. We do not oversell at CircleCI.
- You have working knowledge of cloud computing and exposure to one of the major vendors (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- You’re familiar with basic networking concepts, e.g. HTTP, DNS, SSH, Firewalls.
- Great relationship building skills and a good people person.
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation.
- Familiarity with functional languages, particularly Clojure.
- Knowledge of Docker or Linux containers in general.
- Experience with popular web app frameworks (e.g. Rails, Django), mobile app (iOS, Android), and/or Windows development.
- Experience using and automating a major IaaS like AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Familiarity deploying and debugging distributed systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot networking issues that may prevent communication between different components.
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and let us know why you’d be a great fit for our team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Github, Stack, Quora, Wantedly, etc) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.