As a Solutions Engineer at CircleCI Japan, you will be the customer’s trusted technical advisor throughout the sales process. You’ll provide hands-on support for cloud-based and single tenant deployment and product guidance with CircleCI’s largest customers.
About Sales Solutions at CircleCI
Our Solutions Engineers have a strong understanding of the developer community and are able to confidently communicate with and provide first class support to developers, DevOps leads, and architects.
CircleCI is the best platform for software teams looking to rapidly build quality projects, at scale. Our intelligent continuous integration and delivery tools are simple yet powerful. Our aim is to provide the wisdom of a connected development ecosystem to every team member making technology decisions.
We run 12M+ builds a month on our platform for companies like Spotify, Mercari, Sony, and LINE. Over 25,000 organizations and 300,000 developers actively build, test, and deploy on CircleCI. We’ve raised $59.5M in venture capital from Industry Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Harrison Metal Capital, and Baseline Ventures.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the technical lead and owner of technical deal strategy
- Collaborate with Account Executive to identify and uncover customer business goals, needs, and pains, and work to show how CircleCI can address them
- Partner with your Customer Success Manager to onboard and support our customers as well as act as the dedicated technical point of contact
- Lead the technical implementation and day-to-day management of CircleCI Demonstrations and Trials, integrated into our customer’s technology stack - ensuring early customer success and a long-term business relationship
- Work closely with customers to help them setup CircleCI, both on circleci.com and in their own private cloud, including any custom setup they may need
- Build best practices for onboarding across different technologies
- Prove the technical feasibility of the CircleCI platform to highly technical and developer audiences
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to help influence product roadmap based on market/customer requirements
- Code and commit relevant upgrades and changes to the CircleCI codebase
- Become an expert on the CircleCI solution
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in both Japanese and English
- World class presentation skills. You feel comfortable leading presentations and demos of our platform to groups, both technical and non-technical, in-person and virtually
- Work with customers directly to debug common errors without involving an engineer
- You can tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions
- Demonstrated and proven capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
- You have spent a decent amount of time using and scripting *nix
- You know how to work with Git in general and ideally GitHub in particular
- You’ve thrown together an app or two in a high-level programming language
- You believe that the best way for all to succeed is to honestly discuss product and company abilities and limitations with customers. We do not oversell at CircleCI
- Strong ops/infrastructure knowledge, especially networking and security
- Great relationship building skills and a good people person
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation
- Knowledge of Docker or Linux containers in general
- Experience with popular web app frameworks (e.g. Rails, Django) and/or mobile app development (iOS, Android)
- Experience using and automating a major IaaS like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Familiarity deploying and debugging distributed systems
- Ability to troubleshoot networking issues that may prevent communication between different components
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, Stack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.