As the Sales Manager for our Denver sales team, you will be responsible for maximizing the current efforts of your team to prospect and close business (currently 4 Account Executives), efficiently grow headcount and productivity, and collaborate with the Global Director of Sales and other stakeholders to improve sales strategy in your market.
CircleCI is the best platform for software teams looking to rapidly build quality projects, at scale. Our intelligent continuous integration and delivery tools are simple yet powerful. Our aim is to provide the wisdom of a connected development ecosystem to every team member making technology decisions.
We run 12M+ builds a month on our platform for companies like Spotify, Kickstarter, Sony, and Coinbase. Over 25,000 organizations and 300,000 developers actively build, test, and deploy on CircleCI. We’ve raised $59.5M in venture capital from Industry Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Harrison Metal Capital, and Baseline Ventures.
- Lead and assist account executive team in identifying named accounts, establishing consistent sales practices, negotiating contracts, and ultimately closing deals
- Represent the sales team’s issues and ideas for improvement to leadership and third-party stakeholders
- Work closely with the Global Director of Sales to establish quotas, forecast pipeline, and revenue, and monitor progress. Responsible for revenue and profitability goals of the team
- Collaborate with the sales team on the entire sales process including strategy, lead generation, product trial management, negotiation, contracting, closing, and transition to customer success
- Mentor and coach account executive team, grow their capabilities over time
- Collaborate effectively with internal partners including sales engineers and support engineers, customer success, and product managers
- Accurately track and report on sales metrics, leveraging Salesforce and Outreach.io
- Meet with prospects in the region as needed, travel approximately 15%
- Suggest and implement improvements in the sales administration process
- Use customer feedback to generate ideas about new features or products
- Ensure sales, finance, and legal policies and procedures are met
- Build a trusting, open-communication environment for your team
- Analyze regional market trends and discover new opportunities for growth
- 5+ years of technology sales experience, including 3+ years managing complex deal cycles (over $100,000 contracts), and 1+ years managing a team
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Passion for sales and technology
- Extensive experience leveraging Salesforce as a manager
- Experience with Sales Engagement platforms (Outreach, etc)
- Experience closing net new deals and assisting in upsell/expansion opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Skilled negotiator with a high close rate
- BA/BS Degree in related field preferred (Business, Entrepreneurship, Sales/Marketing, or Computer Science)
- Preference for candidates who have experience selling technology to technologists (Dev Teams, CTOs, EAs, etc.)
We know there’s no such thing as a "perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.