About Recruiting at CircleCI
Building relationships is at the core of what we do. We are a team of five (four recruiters and one coordinator) and currently based in San Francisco. We like to move quickly, uncover hidden talent and create an amazing hiring experience. We are looking for a talented, experienced person to lead our recruiting in Europe.. This year, we’re excited to grow our company’s distributed engineering teams in Europe, and you would be working with the folks responsible for our expansion.
As a Recruiter at CircleCI, you’ll own requisitions from source to close. You’ll partner closely with our engineering managers to understand their hiring needs, see candidates through our process, and work creatively to find the best person for the position. You should be comfortable leading, providing feedback, optimizing recruiting processes and driving relationships forward to help us achieve our hiring goals. Having focused our recruiting efforts on talent in North America so far, we’re now looking for you to bring knowledge and deep understanding of European culture, hiring practices and markets, and helps us find and attract great talent.
CircleCI is the best platform for software teams looking to rapidly build quality projects, at scale. Our intelligent continuous integration and delivery tools are simple yet powerful. Our aim is to provide the wisdom of a connected development ecosystem to every team member making technology decisions.
We run 12M+ builds a month on our platform for companies like Spotify, Kickstarter, Sony, and Coinbase. Over 25,000 organizations and 300,000 developers actively build, test, and deploy on CircleCI. We’ve raised $59.5M in venture capital from Industry Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Harrison Metal Capital, and Baseline Ventures.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage full cycle recruiting process for all your roles, from source to close
- Establish and maintain relationships with management and key cross-functional stakeholders internally
- Develop and execute on creative sourcing strategies both individually and with our team to build a strong pipeline of outstanding candidates
- Get creative - help us find networking events to host or attend to continue to create diversity in our recruiting pipeline
- Continue maintaining relationships with your candidates once they are hired.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of recruiting experience in the tech space, ideally in a pre-IPO company, focused on the European market (Germany, Ireland and/or the UK are ideal)
- Experience recruiting on a range of technical roles, including software development, security, site reliability, and leadership
- An understanding of the value of a diverse and inclusive company, and inclusive hiring practices
- Some human resources experience a plus!
- Familiarity with hiring processes in different jurisdictions and cultures, including Germany, Ireland and the UK
- An analytical mind when uncovering roadblocks in the hiring process and looking at conversion rates
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and excellent listening skills
- The ability to stay a step ahead to continue optimizing recruiting process and driving results
What will make you successful:
- A commitment to creating the best candidate experience possible
- Great written, verbal communication and listening skills
- Comfortability with working remotely as part of a distributed team
- Understanding the value of partnership - our goal is to help our managers build their dream teams!
- A team player! We are a small team that bring different strengths to the table, and we all work to support one another
- A positive attitude! We mean this one! Recruiting is a roller coaster, so it's important to find your zen
We know there’s no such thing as a "perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.