Overview of Role:
CircleCI is looking for an experienced engineer who cares deeply about users and their experiences with the products they build. As a senior member of the User Engagement team, you will work closely with product, design, and your engineering teammates to build, test, experiment, analyze, and rapidly iterate on the features that have the most impact on the experiences of CircleCI’s users.
About the Team
The User Engagement team is at the forefront of growth engineering for CircleCI. The team’s mission is to hypothesize, build, analyze, and iterate on the features our users interact with most across our web application. We’re a unique team in that we have the opportunity to work throughout the entire CircleCI web application - across marketing sites, new user activation and onboarding, and through to our core CI/CD workflows - to help empower our users to deliver better software, faster.
Here are a few things you’ll get to do in this role
- Hypothesize, plan, architect, implement, analyze, and rapidly iterate on features and experiments that will empower our users to continuously ship better code
- Work closely with product and design to brainstorm effective ways to engage with CircleCI’s users.
- Help build the platform and processes for all future growth engineering efforts at CircleCI
- Collaborate with, lead, and mentor your engineering teammates through planning, pairing, testing, and delivery of the features you build.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys collaboration, is curious and interested in learning, brings strong communication and teamwork skills, and helps others grow by sharing their expertise and encouraging best practices. If this sounds like you, here’s the additional experience we’re looking for:
- Experience writing, deploying, and operating high quality, well-tested, observable front-end code with some experience across the entire technology stack
- Demonstrable experience architecting applications and services - primarily those with user interfaces - using well-accepted design patterns to allow for iterative, autonomous development and future scaling.
- The ability to articulate opinions about user interface and user experience design and an understanding of how your work impacts our users
- A deep appreciation and understanding of testing and its value in operating services at scale
- A desire to mentor teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, empathetic manner.
- Experience in the day-to-day practices of continuous delivery and agile development
We know there’s no such thing as an “ideal” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
Working remotely at CircleCI
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. For this role, we can support you working remotely anywhere in the United States or Canada.
CircleCI Engineering Competency Matrix
This role equals level E4 on our Engineering Competency Matrix, our internal career growth system for engineers. These are the minimum expectations for this position, but we are always willing to discuss bringing people on at more senior positions when appropriate. Read our blog post about the competency matrix to learn more.
Further content that may be interesting for you:
- How to Get Hired at CircleCI
- A Letter to Future CircleCI Employees
- How We Uphold Our Inclusive Values as a Global Team
CircleCI is the best platform for software teams looking to rapidly build quality projects, at scale. Our intelligent continuous integration and delivery tools are simple yet powerful. Our aim is to provide the wisdom of a connected development ecosystem to every team member making technology decisions.
We run 12M+ builds a month on our platform for companies like Spotify, Kickstarter, Sony, and Coinbase. Over 25,000 organizations and 300,000 developers actively build, test, and deploy on CircleCI. We’ve raised $59.5M in venture capital from Industry Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Harrison Metal Capital, and Baseline Ventures.
At CircleCI you will be part of a company that values trust, respect, diversity, and inclusion. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We carefully consider every applicant who takes the time to apply.
We are a globally distributed team working towards the common goal of being the standard bearer for continuous integration and deployment software. We are looking for people who are interested in helping us shape software engineering best practices for the industry as a whole.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.