Working remotely at CircleCI
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. We can support you working remotely anywhere in the United States or Canada, and you also have the option to work out of our Toronto office.
- Experience managing a container-based microservice architecture, including orchestration, service-discovery, monitoring, and debugging
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, ICMP, the OSI Model, Subnetting, and Load Balancing
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems (processes, threads, IPC, concurrency, locks, mutexes, semaphores, etc.).
- Proficiency in one or more of: C, C++, Java, Python, Go
- Comprehensive knowledge of the internal workings of at least one of Postgres, Mongo, Redis
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Track-record of working cooperatively with software engineering teams
- Focus on security in the delivery of all levels of a system
- Passion for modern software development and operation, including agile, CI/CD, and infrastructure-as-code
- Desire to learn and grow
- 6+ years of experience
What you will do:
- Design and deliver solutions to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of CircleCI’s services.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, anticipating performance bottlenecks
- Diagnose and resolve production issues in conjunction with software engineering teams
- Architect and implement shared infrastructure used by all services within the CircleCI platform, for both SaaS and on-prem configurations
- Support and advise software engineering teams in the design of scalable services
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and debugging
- Plan and execute disaster recovery drills
- Participate in rotating on-call duties, including incident management
CircleCI Engineering Competency Matrix
This role equals level E4 on our Engineering Competency Matrix, our internal career growth system for engineers. These are the minimum expectation for this position, but we are always willing to discuss bringing people on at more senior positions when appropriate. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.
Further content that may be interesting for you:
- How to Get Hired at CircleCI
- A Letter to Future CircleCI Employees
- How We Uphold Our Inclusive Values as a Global Team
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.