The CircleCI platform continues to have a more expansive footprint, both in terms of capabilities and customers. The technology stacks and integrated platforms that we support continue to grow in number, the feature list of our platform expands everyday, and the practices and processes of continuous integration and continuous deployment continue to evolve. For all of these reasons, CircleCI needs to ensure that we are able to create helpful technical content and publish it to our user community in an efficient and effective manner.
We are hiring a Director of Technical Content to define and drive our efforts to educate our user community. The ideal candidate will be a unique combination of strategic thinker and hands-on contributor that can go from defining a vision for content distribution to writing a piece of technical content within the span of the same day. This role will require someone capable of working in a highly cross-organizational fashion, collaborating with our marketing, revenue, product, and engineering teams. This role will determine the various channels and mediums we intend to use to distribute technical / educational content, will establish our process and policies for identifying content needs and driving collaborative efforts to create, publish, and maintain the final work product. This role will report to our Vice President of Global Customer Engineering.
CircleCI is the best platform for software teams looking to rapidly build quality projects, at scale. Our intelligent continuous integration and delivery tools are simple yet powerful. Our aim is to provide the wisdom of a connected development ecosystem to every team member making technology decisions.
We run 12M+ builds a month on our platform for companies like Spotify, Kickstarter, Sony, and Coinbase. Over 25,000 organizations and 300,000 developers actively build, test, and deploy on CircleCI. We’ve raised $59.5M in venture capital from Industry Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Harrison Metal Capital, and Baseline Ventures.
About the role:
- Strategically evaluate the various publishing channels and mediums available for content distribution (e.g. documentation website, blogs, support forum, videos) and establish a clear philosophy for leveraging those avenues most effectively for content distribution
- Establish a process to identify technical content needs, a collaborative process to create, review, and publish pieces of content that address those needs, and a mechanism to publish and maintain the final work product
- Work with marketing, revenue, product management and engineering to coordinate technical content production and delivery
- Establish a learning journey and training curriculum for our various user constituents, and drive the development and delivery of the needed training content
- Ensure our content and the various delivery vehicles are designed so that we can easily localize to various geographies, and easily track consumption
- Define the necessary feedback mechanisms and metrics to ensure our efforts are having the intended impact
- You have deep knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), DevOps concepts, and the fundamentals of CI/CD
- You have an understanding of our target user persona, and awareness of the typical consumption patterns for technical content
- You have an appreciation for the self-serve SAAS model and can identify creative ways to efficiently unlock customer value
- You enjoy developing an in-depth knowledge of a product and getting your hands dirty creating content when necessary
- You have experience working with partners to develop enablement programs, and establishing third-party relationships capable of delivering our training curriculum
- You have great teamwork and interpersonal skills, including strong communication skills, a proactive attitude, and an embedded drive for results
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding objectives
- Willingness to travel up to 20-25% of the time
- You are a self-starter who can operate with minimal oversight
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resume and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.