As a Customer Success Manager on the Customer Success team, you are responsible for the success and long-term growth of new and existing customers. You will work closely with internal teams to help influence product roadmap based on market/customer requirements.
About Customer Success at CircleCI
At CircleCI, high touch client communication is a critical element of our success.
Customer Success Managers work with our customers to understand their technical and business requirements - from onboarding to scale. The ideal candidate will be driven, tech-savvy, and skilled at building relationships. You’ll cultivate and grow a portfolio of existing clients and act as a trusted advisor. In this role, you’ll work closely with the Product, Support, Marketing and Engineering teams at CircleCI to proactively advocate for your customers. You will report to the Country Manager in Japan and be given as much responsibility as you can handle. It’ll be your job to understand customer goals, make thoughtful recommendations that solve their problems promptly, and be the voice of the customer within our organization.
- Drive the adoption and growth of CircleCI across our customer base in Japan
- Act as the dedicated point of contact for CircleCI customers
- Understand the technical and business challenges of our customers and advise them on how to best use the CircleCI solution
- Partner closely with other cross-functional teams to translate business needs and product requirements into new solutions for customers
- Identify and grow enterprise opportunities, building strong working relationships with top customers
- Manage new users, ensure onboarding and technical success alongside success engineers
- Monitor usage to identify renewals, risks and downgrades
- Identify at-risk customers and help them get on track
- Native level Japanese and advanced level business English
- 3+ years of customer success or account management experience in a customer facing role in B2B business
- Self-motivated, growth mindset, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and adoption
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and “own” your book of business
- Track record of achieving and exceeding renewal, retention, and growth targets
- Experience with SaaS and On-Prem models a plus
- Experience with tools such as Salesforce and Zendesk. Savvy with navigating multiple systems and data analysis.
- Ability to manage and maintain a high volume of customers
- Strong time management with the ability to balance multiple deliverables while working in a high volume environment
- Technical mindset and passion to learn about software development, cloud environments, and interacting with developers
- Strong analytical skills. SQL skills a plus
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Startup experience a plus