- Software development experience, interest and ability.
- Proficiency in one or more of: Clojure, Go, Java, C#, C, C++, Ruby.
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals of security at multiple layers of abstraction, from operating systems to applications.
- Collaborative approach to mentoring software engineers on the development of secure code.
- Passion for modern software development and operation, including agile, CI/CD, and infrastructure-as-code.
- Experience with the specific security implications of operating in a cloud environment.
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
Enjoy flexibility in role and a desire to experiment with different approaches.
Excited by the ability to make significant impact in a growing company.
- A strong desire for continuous improvement.
- 5+ years of experience in software, 2+ in security.
What you will do:
- Support and advise software engineering teams in the design of secure software.
Design and deliver shared libraries and services to support security requirements within our platform.
Work with 3rd-party partners to manage our ongoing penetration testing program.
Recommend and deploy tooling to manage security in the delivery pipeline as well as production systems.
- Engage with large customers as needed to advise them on security practices when deploying our solutions.
- Diagnose and resolve security issues in conjunction with software engineering teams.
- Participate in defining security-related end user features in the CircleCI product.
Working remotely at CircleCI
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. We can support you working remotely anywhere in Ireland, the UK or Germany.
CircleCI Engineering Competency Matrix
This role equals level E3 on our Engineering Competency Matrix, our internal career growth system for engineers. These are the minimum expectation for this position, but we are always willing to discuss bringing people on at more senior positions when appropriate. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.
Further content that may be interesting for you:
- How to Get Hired at CircleCI
- A Letter to Future CircleCI Employees
- How We Uphold Our Inclusive Values as a Global Team
At CircleCI you will be part of a company that values trust, respect, diversity, and inclusion. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We carefully consider every applicant who takes the time to apply.
We are a globally distributed team working towards the common goal of being the standard bearer for continuous integration and deployment software. We are looking for people who are interested in helping us shape software engineering best practices for the industry as a whole.
CircleCI is the best platform for software teams looking to rapidly build quality projects, at scale. Our intelligent continuous integration and delivery tools are simple yet powerful. Our aim is to provide the wisdom of a connected development ecosystem to every team member making technology decisions.
We run 12M+ builds a month on our platform for companies like Spotify, Kickstarter, Sony, and Coinbase. Over 25,000 organizations and 300,000 developers actively build, test, and deploy on CircleCI. We’ve raised $59.5M in venture capital from Industry Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Harrison Metal Capital, and Baseline Ventures.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.