Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll be responsible for:
The Staff Software Engineer is responsible for extending Circle's in-house blockchain systems infrastructure to support the tokenization of the world; analyzing requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing systems and modifying systems; building and owning scalable microservices that are responsible for reliable and secure APIs that transfer value and assets across all blockchain protocols as well as traditional banking protocols; collaborating with Product and Engineering teams to design, test, and shape Circle features, including developing and documenting system design procedures, testing procedures, and quality standards; troubleshooting program and system malfunctions to restore normal functioning; building publicly accessible APIs that make it simple for developers to integrate with complex payment systems; integrating Platform Services with leading banks and financial technologies; consulting with management to ensure agreement on system principles; writing the infrastructure to deliver great payment experiences, including data sources (SQL or NoSQL), messaging systems and APIs; other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 8 years minimum professional software development experience in object oriented languages like Go or Java.
- Computer Science degree or a closely related field (or foreign equivalent).
- Technical leadership of teams >4 on architecture and system design.
- Expert in one of the domains of API design, payments processing, or blockchains.
- Deep understanding/experience with:
- Architecture, design, and deployment of production-quality, scalable software
- Web3, blockchain, smart Contract business logic
- RESTful API design and development principles
- Cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc)
- Container orchestration systems like Kubernetes or EKS, ECS
- SQL databases and designing schemas
- Deep focus on coding standards and code quality -- a desire to have great test coverage to enable continuous delivery.
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with remote teams, share ideas and present concepts effectively
- Self-starter with a curious mindset, you enjoy moving at a fast pace, shipping software that improves the user experience and constantly improving your work with little supervision
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
Starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $172,500 - $227,500
Annual Bonus Target: 15%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.