Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As a Director, Data Science at Circle, you’ll work closely with the Business, Product, and Engineering to produce analysis, machine learning solutions, and scalable data practices. You’ll have the opportunity to significantly impact internal data consumption and decision making. We are a passionate team with a deeply analytical mindset, and your work will support us in our mission to be a world-class company driven by data.
What you'll work on:
- Drive data science efforts, communicate cross-functionally, and be a subject matter expert
- Create road maps and help prioritize data science work
- Support the individual and career growth of team members to minimize attrition and maximize output
- Partner with product and operations teams to identify and resolve analytical problems at scale in a variety of domains, including crypto ecosystem understanding, fraud detection, and risk management
- Help your team ideate and execute on the right analysis, models, and stories
- Become an expert on data sources and flows at Circle
- Evangelize the power of data science to understand and improve our business and operations.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 12+ years of industry experience working with and analyzing large data sets
- 5+ years of experience with technical leadership and people management
- Knowledge of a scientific computing language (Python) and SQL
- Theoretical and applied expertise in statistics, experimental design, and analysis
- Strong communicator who can take complex ideas and methodologies, and simplify them for non-technical audiences
- Ability to understand complex business problems and break down analytics projects into a structured approach
- Track record of developing, managing, retaining data scientists individual contributors and managers
- Experience managing remote teams
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range for this role added below is specific to the location of this job posting. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $215,000 - $300,000
Annual Bonus Target: 20%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.